Demi Moore to divorce Ashton Kutcher



In a statement released to The Associated Press, Demi wrote: 'It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton.

'As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life.'

The 49-year-old actress wed Ashton (33) in 2005, but their relationship became tabloid news in recent months as rumours emerged about Ashton's alleged infidelity.



A 22-year-old woman called Sarah Leal claims she slept with the Two and a Half Men star on the night of September 24—the eve of Ashton and Demi's sixth wedding anniversary.

Since then, a number of reports alleged the couple were trying to make their marriage work.

Demi ended her divorce statement with a plea for privacy, writing: 'This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation.'

Get updates by Following us on Twitter and Digg to keep yourself updated on all the latest news.