Ashley Graham Details "Severe" Hemorrhage While Giving Birth to Twins

Ashley Graham

The super model Ashley Graham shared details of her severe Hemorrhage while giving birth to twins. She told,

"All I can remember is feeling a light touch on my cheek, which I found out later was actually somebody smacking the crap out of my cheek, someone holding my hand, my husband Justin [Ervin] in my ear, praying and someone jabbing me with a needle in my arm, And I remember seeing darkness and what seemed like stars."

"Even though they didn't want to go into the details at that moment, I looked around the room, saw blood literally everywhere, and let out this deep, visceral cry,  An emotional release from the chaos I had just experienced."

"I am still not entirely comfortable in my body, no matter my own body positivity advocacy, Day by day it goes back and forth. I tell myself that I am a warrior for carrying and birthing my babies, for surviving the hemorrhage, for being a mother to my three boys and yet also still struggling with the transformation of my body."

"I want to continue to create spaces for women to feel fearless and beautiful and vulnerable, all at the same time."