Why Johnny Depp Didn't Look at Amber Heard During Her Testimony

Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

The trial continues to be watched by people across the country, Here is a conversation between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp's attorney in the court.

Camille Vasquez (Johnny Depp's attorneys): "Mr. Depp hasn't looked at you once this entire trial, has he?" 

Amber Heard: "Not that I've noticed, no."

Vasquez: "You've looked at him many times, haven't you?" Vasquez continued, with Heard telling the attorney, "Yes, I have."

Vasquez: "You know exactly why Mr. Depp won't look back at you, don't you?" 

Amber: "I do."

Vasquez: "He promised you you would never see his eyes again, is that true?" 

Amber: "I don't recall if he said that."

Depp's attorney then played audio of one of the last times the estranged couple had seen each other, in which Heard begs the actor to hug him to say goodbye. 

Vasquez: "she would retract her lies" 

Vasquez: "He's kept that promise, hasn't he?" 

Amber: "As far as I know, he cannot look at me."

Vasquez: "He won't look at you, right Ms. Heard?" 

Amber: "He can't."

Amber: "does not have the courage to even look at Ms. Heard."