Emma Thompson Resisted "Don't Make Me Do This" In 'Leo Grande' Nude Scene

Emma Thompson Resisted "Don't Make Me Do This" In 'Leo Grande' Nude Scene

Emma Thompson never feels comfortable while performing nude scene.

The two times Oscar award winner, Dame Emma Thompson DBE is a British actress and screenwriter, 63, performed a role in the movie "Leo Grande" as a lonely 55 year old widow who hires a male sex worker because she never had an orgasm in her life. She explained

“I mean, I was dragged, kicking and screaming. I was like, ‘Please don't make me do this. Please,’ But I said, ‘OK. It's all right. It's not me… "

"Nancy's not objectifying herself… She's not judging herself negatively or positively. "

"It's a weirdly neutral gaze and she's looking at herself, not because of the outside, but because of the inside. She's suddenly able to feel herself. So in a way it's a rebirth. So that look in the mirror is the first time she's ever seen her body, really.”

“We moved towards it as a group,” 

“It was earned through our exploration of the characters and the situation and what was right. You couldn't in a way have made a decision about the end until we'd been through the journey with them… These two people were having a good time without any reservations, without qualifications… And yet it was not a romance. I loved that. I thought that was radical to show intimacy without romance.”

Watch the trailer of the Movie "Leo Grande" to observe the role of Emma Thompson as Nancy.