Abigail Breslin Opens Up About Past Abusive Relationship: 'I Was Beaten on a Regular Basis'

Abigail Breslin is imparting her experience to aggressive behavior at home in order to help other people battling feel less alone.


The entertainer, 26, shared a post on Instagram Friday wherein she opened up about a past harmful relationship. "October is #domesticviolenceawarenessmonth and I needed to share a smidgen about my story," the entertainer composed close by a merry go round of text posts that nitty gritty her experience.

Abigail Breslin Opens Up About Past Abusive Relationship: 'I Was Beaten on a Regular Basis'

"I was in an extremely oppressive relationship for near 2 years," Breslin composed. "Everything began flawlessly, I was so enamored. Sadly, my victimizer exploited my guiltlessness and gullibility and the relationship hence became brutal. I was beaten consistently, got into rooms and compelled to imagine all was well and typical while managing extreme wounds… wounds a great many people didn't actually have the foggiest idea."



The entertainer depicted how she would conceal wounds and how she felt during the continuous maltreatment. "I would utilize concealer and solidified on establishment to conceal all possible injuries, on the grounds that here and there, I actually focused on this individual," she said.


"The actual wounds were likewise joined by a plenty of put downs, disgracing and brutal boisterous attack," Breslin shared. "I felt so disgraceful of anyones love. I felt revolting and despised. I felt like I merited not exactly soil. I was sure, there should be something intrinsically Amiss with ME."


Breslin said thanks to the loved ones who helped her during this time. "These 2 years were the loneliest I have at any point felt," the Zombieland entertainer composed. "I'm past grateful for the help of my loved ones who assumed an instrumental and important part in assisting me with leaving what is going on. I will be for all time obligated to those nearest to me for them helping me as well as, Trusting me."


In the Instagram post, the entertainer likewise discussed the PTSD she manages since the relationship finished.


"I presently am in a great, sound, cheerful and astounding connection with my life partner," she composed. "My C-PTSD (complex post horrendous pressure problem) is far superior to it was in the initial 2 years after my harmful relationship, however, I actually have minutes. I still periodically have bad dreams, certain things actually trigger me. I'm actually mending."


Breslin then shared data for the people who could require help. "In the event that you or somebody you know is managing homegrown maltreatment, NCADV (Public Alliance Against Abusive behavior at home) has a 24 hours helpline 1-800-799-7233."