90 Day's Jen and Rishi Clashed Over Kids Prior to Split and His Whirlwind Wedding to a New Love

90 Day's Jen and Rishi Clashed Over Kids Prior to Split and His Whirlwind Wedding to a New Love

Jen Boucher and Rishi Singh weren't on the same page on 90 Day Diaries — months before they broke up for good.

An update on the previous 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way couple showed Jen, 47, still strong in her stance that they aren’t engaged, while Rishi still saw a future. The "are they/aren’t they" couple had a Zoom call on camera to iron out some of the details of their relationship.

“I’m like, we’re not engaged until your family is fully accepting of us,” Jen told her friend, Randi.

So be patient ˹O Prophet˺. Surely Allah’s promise is true. Whether We show you some of what We threaten them with, or cause you to die ˹before that˺, to Us they will ˹all˺ be returned.
(The Quran - Chapter Ghafir : 77)

In real time, Jen and Rishi are no longer together. Rishi just married another woman, Maria Ramirez, in February. The multi-day celebration took place in India less than two weeks after Rishi went Instagram official with his new relationship.

Monday's episode of the Diaries spinoff gave some insight into their conversations ahead of the split. Jen told her (long-time skeptical) friend she was considering a return to India. The reason wouldn’t be to marry Rishi right away, but rather, to start IVF treatments so they could begin their parenthood journey.

“I can’t believe I’m even entertaining this,” Jen said, as she admitted she was scared to tell Randi the current plan.

90 Day's Jen and Rishi Clashed Over Kids Prior to Split and His Whirlwind Wedding to a New Love

Jen wasn't even sure she wanted a biological child, admitting, “I’ve always wanted to adopt.” And with it, she still wasn't set on marriage to Rishi. The decision was in the hands of his parents, who still refused to accept Jen into their family because of her age.

That was the main focus with Rishi when the long-distance couple spoke on Zoom. “I’m getting the feeling from you that you really want to have your own child,” Jen said.

Rishi confirmed this was the case.

“So I’m asking you to be honest with me and tell me, if I say I don’t want to have a biological child, is that a dealbreaker for you? In the back of your mind, if you’re always going to resent me, I need to know that. Because I don’t think I want to have a baby, honestly. I don’t think that me doing that to my body is a good idea at this point in my life," Jen questioned.

Rishi focused on what he wanted for them. “I just want you with me basically, in my whole life,” he replied.

His next step was to chat, yet again, with his mom to see if he could win her approval for their relationship.

Fans will remember Rishi’s family hasn’t ever accepted Jen, fearing at 47, she’s too old for their 33-year-old son. In fact, Jen previously called Rishi "completely delusional" because he thought he’d be able to change his family’s mind, all the while, knowing he was expected to live in their joint-family home.

"But I do really hope that Rishi will make it work so we can stay together because I do love him and I do want to marry him,” she added.

As their segment on 90 Day Diaries wrapped up, Jen admitted she was “not very confident” that Rishi would really have such a hard conversation with his mom, leaving their love in limbo yet again. Given the state of their connection now, and Rishi's decision to move on, it seems Jen was right.

90 Day Fiancé episodes can be streamed on Max.