Actor Paul Walter Hauser: Weight And Hollywood Roles

Actor Paul Walter Hauser Weight And Hollywood Roles

 Paul Walter Hauser has opened up regarding how his physique influence his acting roles.

"I lost 40 pounds for my role in Black Bird," the 37-year-old actor says, referring to his Emmy-winning turn as Larry Hall in the 2022 miniseries. "I've put a bit of that weight back on, but now I'm working on losing it again."

Hauser's dedication to pro wrestling has driven his desire to reach 246 pounds. “That’s a good weight for my size and the types of roles I get,” he tells. “I’m slowly but surely working my way back down.”

Hauser understands very well how his size affects the parts that are presented to him. He is motivated to hit that 246-pound threshold because of this. "I am making progress," he declares.

Actor Paul Walter Hauser Weight And Hollywood Roles

Hauser has frequently been portrayed as the endearing or unloveable goofball since his breakthrough performance in I, Tonya and his main role in Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell. "From Cobra Kai to Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman and Da 5 Bloods, I have played all types of overweight, mistaken characters," he recalls, looking back on his career. I do not have to perform hundreds more times.

Looking to the future, Hauser will be making his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in The Fantastic Four and will star as Chris Farley in Josh Gad’s directorial debut, a biopic about the late comedian.

“Playing Chris Farley will be my last role where I’m visibly overweight,” he explains. “I’m committed to losing weight, like Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen have. I’m ready to leave that type of character behind and focus on my health.”

"I want to be here for my wife and kids for a very long time," he vows.

Although he admits that it has not always been simple, he values keeping a healthy weight and manner of life highly. "I have been sober for more than two and a half years," he says. I became sober on October 26, 2021."

Actor Paul Walter Hauser Weight And Hollywood Roles

However, food remains a challenge. “Food is still my comfort,” Hauser admits. “You have to eat multiple times a day, so it’s always there. Unlike marijuana or alcohol, which I can avoid, food is a constant.”

The best part about losing weight, Hauser says, is “seeing what other roles I can take on in Hollywood. Let’s see if I can compete with the Ben Fosters and Ryan Goslings!”

The Quran - Chapter An-Najm : 17

The ˹Prophet’s˺ sight never wandered, nor did it overreach.

Ù…َا زَاغَ الْبَصَرُ‌ ÙˆَÙ…َا Ø·َغَÙ‰ٰ (The eye neither went wrong, nor did exceed the limit...53:17) The verb zagha is derived from the infinitive zaigh which denotes to become crooked or go astray. 

Tagha is derived from tughyan which means to transgress or exceed the limit. The two expressions purport to say that in whatever the Holy Prophet ï·º saw, his eyes did not err or slip up. 

This verse allays the suspicion that sometimes human sight errs or slips up, especially when some wonderful or unusually marvelous thing is seen. 

In response to this suspicion the Qur'an uses two expressions because there are two ways in which human sight can go awry: 

[ 1] not looking at the object directly that one was supposed to see, and turning the eye to some other side. Ma zagha (neither went wrong) negates this situation. The Holy Prophet's ï·º sight did not swerve or turn right or left, and thus did not miss the intended object. He saw exactly what was meant for him to see. 

[ 2] looking at the desired object, but at the same time looking at other objects also. In this situation too there is sometimes the fear of losing sight of the main object and causing confusion. 

Ma tagha (nor did it exceed the limit) in the verse is used to remove this doubt that the Holy Prophet ï·º might have looked at other things in addition to what he was ordained to see.