Kelly Clarkson Declares Slimming Down Springs from Medicinal Prescription Not Ozempic

Kelly Clarkson Declares Slimming Down Springs from Medicinal Prescription 'The Masses Assume It's Ozempic

 Kelly Clarkson discloses she's incorporated weight loss medication into her wellness journey.

During the May 13 episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show, Clarkson, aged 42, engaged in a conversation with Whoopi Goldberg, commending Goldberg's youthful appearance. She remarked to The View co-host, "Every time I see you, you appear younger! It's akin to Benjamin Button. It's astonishing every time you enter!"

Responding to Clarkson's admiration, the EGOT recipient, aged 68, attributed her rejuvenated appearance to weight loss, stating, "Primarily, it's the weight I've shed. I've practically shed the weight of two individuals. I've adopted that remarkable injection that's beneficial for individuals seeking assistance, and it's yielded favorable results for me."

Clarkson swiftly shared her own weight loss journey, asserting, "I've also shed 'a lot' of weight. However, mine is a different treatment than what people presume. Yet, I eventually had to resort to it because my blood tests displayed alarming results."

Elaborating further, she conveyed, "My physician pursued me for two years, but I hesitated, fearing its implications. Considering I already contend with thyroid issues, everyone assumes it's Ozempic, yet it's another medication."

Clarkson elucidated on the medication's functionality, describing it as "a substance that aids in metabolizing sugar," highlighting her body's inefficiency in performing this task.

The former American Idol champion clarified that she isn't using Ozempic, a FDA-endorsed medication for individuals with type 2 diabetes. These medications exert their effects on satiety by influencing brain function.

Following their discussion, both women disclosed their peak weights before commencing their respective prescription treatments. Goldberg revealed, "I weighed 300 lbs.," while Clarkson shared, "At my heaviest, I was around 203 lbs. I'm approximately 5'3 and a half."

Kelly Clarkson Declares Slimming Down Springs from Medicinal Prescription 'The Masses Assume It's Ozempic

Before her exchange with Goldberg, the Grammy laureate had previously confided to PEOPLE in January that her weight loss was attributed to adhering to her physician's advice. She admitted to neglecting this guidance for "a couple of years" prior.

The songstress also credited her newfound residence, New York City, for aiding her fitness journey. "Navigating the city streets is quite the physical exertion," she remarked, highlighting her incorporation of infrared saunas and cold plunges into her regimen.

Furthermore, she detailed her dietary regimen, emphasizing a balanced approach. "My diet comprises a diverse array of nutritious foods," she stated, adding, "And I maintain a high level of adherence to it, as a protein-rich diet suits me well. Being a Texan, I have a penchant for meat — my apologies to the vegetarians out there!"

Later that month, during an episode of her talk show featuring Kevin James, she divulged that she had been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, serving as a catalyst for her weight loss efforts.

"While the diagnosis didn't come as a shock, as I was already aware of the risk, it served as a wake-up call," she quipped. "Initially, I was on the cusp of pre-diabetes, but I decided to take proactive measures after a two-year hiatus."

The Quran - Chapter Qaf : 45

We know best what they say. And you ˹O Prophet˺ are not ˹there˺ to compel them ˹to believe˺. So remind with the Quran ˹only˺ those who fear My warning.

فَذَكِّرْ‌ بِالْقُرْ‌آنِ مَن يَخَافُ وَعِيدِ (So give advice, through the Qur'an, to the one who fears My warning... 50:45). This means that the message of the Qur'an is to be conveyed to the entire mankind, to all and sundry. 

However, only those who fear Allah and dread His torment will remember and heed. Qatadah used to recite this verse and supplicate in the following words:

اَللّٰھُمَّ اجعَلنَا مِمَّن یَّخَافُ وَعِیدَکَ وَ یَرجُوا مَوعوُدَکَ یَا بَارُّ یَا رَحِیمُ

"0 Allah! Make us among those who fear Your threat, and hope for Your promise, 0 the One who fulfills His promise, 0 Rahim [ the Most Merciful ]."