Kevin Costner Expereinces Sever Kidney Stones While Filming 'Hidden Figures'

Kevin Costner Expereinces Sever Kidney Stones While Filming 'Hidden Figures'

In a recent interview, Oscar-winning actor and director of "Horizon," Kevin Costner, shared his experience of enduring severe kidney stones during the filming of the 2016 movie "Hidden Figures."

Despite his numerous awards and decades-long career in Hollywood, one of Costner's most challenging performances went largely unnoticed. In "Hidden Figures," which tells the true story of three brilliant Black women who played pivotal roles in the Space Race of the 1960s, Costner portrayed NASA executive Al Harrison. However, he was battling a significant health issue throughout much of the production.

"I've never worked drunk or high on set, but I was on morphine for the last two weeks of shooting 'Hidden Figures,'" Costner revealed.

While filming, Costner developed kidney stones and endured ten days with an IV drip. He admitted, "I don't even know how I managed. For about three days, I felt normal, and then everything changed."

Kevin Costner Expereinces Sever Kidney Stones While Filming 'Hidden Figures'

Known for his unwavering dedication, Costner never missed a day of work, despite the pain. "I sat in my trailer with a morphine drip in my arm," he said. To conceal the IV bruising, he had to keep his sleeves rolled down while filming. "Eventually, I had to," he recalled, describing the ordeal as incredibly painful.

"I wanted to cry, but with everyone watching, I held back," he confessed.

Despite the challenging circumstances, Costner has fond memories of the shoot. He enjoyed working again with Octavia Spencer, his co-star from the 2014 drama "Black or White," and praised "Hidden Figures" director Theodore Melfi for being an exceptional collaborator. "It was magic," Costner remarked.

Costner's latest project, the epic Western "Horizon: An American Saga," is set to premiere this weekend.

The Quran - Chapter Al-Hadid : 02

He is the First and the Last, the Most High and Most Near, and He has ˹perfect˺ knowledge of all things.