Keanu Reeves Cracked His Knee Like a Potato Chip at The Good Fortune Set

Keanu Reeves Cracked His Knee Like a Potato Chip at The Good Fortune Set

"Comedy's tough," the actor joked.


Keanu Reeves recently shared details about an on-set accident that left him on crutches in January.

John Wick: Chapter 4 [4K UHD]

During a July 22 appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the 51-year-old actor discussed the incident where his knee "cracked like a potato chip" while filming "Good Fortune" with Aziz Ansari, Seth Rogen, and Keke Palmer.


"I was shooting a scene with Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen, and we were in a cold plunge," he recalled. "I was enjoying it, standing there, and we finished the scene. You know when you’re cold, you start shuffling around? I had a bathing suit and a towel, and I put it over my head and started doing the cold shuffle."

Bodyprox Ankle Support Brace, Breathable Neoprene Sleeve

Reeves continued, "I was shuffling in a room with protective carpets, and there was a small pocket in the carpet. My foot got caught in the pocket, and when I went down, my knee didn’t follow. In slow motion, I fell. My arms came out, but my knee gave out, and I landed hard. My patella — kneecap — cracked like a potato chip."


Reeves, known for his action roles, quipped, "Comedy's hard, man."

Keanu Reeves Cracked His Knee Like a Potato Chip at The Good Fortune Set

Earlier this year, Ansari praised Reeves as "such a trooper" after the injury, mentioning that Reeves continued filming despite the setback. "He still filmed everything except a few scenes where he needed to do salsa dancing, which we need to reshoot," Ansari said at CinemaCon in April.


"He was like, 'I'll do it!' We told him, 'Keanu, calm down. We'll do the salsa dancing once your knee's healed.'"

John Wick: Chapter 4 [4K UHD]

Ansari also noted that Reeves has performed extreme stunts without needing hospital visits. "He's done those Wick movies, all the Matrix stuff. In "Speed", he actually attempted the jump from the car to the bus. It wasn't the take they used, but he did it," Ansari added.


The Quran - Chapter Al-Jumu'ah : 07

But they will never wish for that because of what their hands have done. And Allah has ˹perfect˺ knowledge of the wrongdoers.