Will Céline Dion Perform at 2024 Paris Summer Olympics or Just Fans Speculation

Will Céline Dion Perform at 2024 Paris Summer Olympics or Just Fans Speculation

On July 23, Céline Dion, the Grammy-winning icon, was seen greeting fans outside the Royal Monceau Hotel in Paris, fueling rumors about her possible return to the stage at the 2024 Paris Olympics. This would mark her first performance since disclosing her stiff-person syndrome diagnosis in December 2022.

One in a Million: living with stiff person syndrome

The 56-year-old singer was all smiles as she waved to fans and signed autographs. Her appearance came shortly after Variety reported that she would perform at the Summer Olympics. TMZ also reported that Dion would sing at the opening ceremony on Friday and receive $2 million for her performance.

Will Céline Dion Perform at 2024 Paris Summer Olympics or Just Fans Speculation

Dion has been making several public appearances recently. On June 28, she attended the 2024 Upper Deck NHL Draft at the Sphere in Las Vegas to announce the Montreal Canadiens’ fifth-round draft pick. She also appeared at the premiere of her documentary, "I Am: Celine Dion," at Alice Tully Hall in New York City. The documentary chronicles her battle with stiff-person syndrome and her aspirations to return to performing.

LEGO Architecture Paris Skyline Collectible Model Building Kit with Eiffel Tower

In an April interview with Vogue France, Dion discussed her uncertainty about returning to the stage. "I can't answer that… For four years I've been saying to myself that I'm not going back, that I'm ready, that I'm not ready," she said. "As things stand, I can't stand here and say to you: 'Yes, in four months.' I don't know... My body will tell me. On the other hand, I don't just want to wait."

Will Céline Dion Perform at 2024 Paris Summer Olympics or Just Fans Speculation

Dion elaborated on the challenges she faces. "It's morally hard to live from day to day. It's hard, I'm working very hard and tomorrow will be even harder. Tomorrow is another day. But there's one thing that will never stop, and that's the will. It's the passion. It's the dream. It's the determination."

Stiff Person Syndrome: Causes, Tests and Treatments

The "Because You Loved Me" singer expressed a specific desire to return to Paris. She is working with a medical team to regain her physical condition necessary for touring. "I've chosen to work with all my body and soul, from head to toe, with a medical team. I want to be the best I can be. My goal is to see the Eiffel Tower again!"


Last month, during the release of her documentary, Dion hinted at her stage return in an interview with PEOPLE. "We're talking about putting a show together, and I have so many ideas. I can't wait," she said.

Will Céline Dion Perform at 2024 Paris Summer Olympics or Just Fans Speculation

Hoda Kotb, who interviewed Dion for Today, commented on the possibility of Dion performing at the Paris Olympics during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. "Céline Dion at the Paris Olympics? That would be amazing, but I don’t know. I know she’s going to be performing live again, though. I don’t know where," Kotb, 59, explained. "She’s gonna perform again, and there’s always gonna be a date and time to perform."


The Quran - Chapter Al-Jumu'ah : 01

Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth ˹constantly˺ glorifies Allah—the King, the Most Holy, the Almighty, the All-Wise.