Elton John Reveals He Has 'Limited Vision' in One Eye After 'Severe' Infection: 'I Am Healing'

Elton John Reveals He Has 'Limited Vision' in One Eye After 'Severe' Infection 'I Am Healing'

Elton John recently disclosed that he has been coping with "limited vision" in one eye following a severe eye infection.


The 77-year-old music icon, known for hits like "Tiny Dancer," took to Instagram on September 3 to update fans on his health status, expressing optimism about his recovery journey.


"Over the summer, I have been battling a severe eye infection that, regrettably, has left me with only partial vision in one eye," he wrote. "I am in the process of healing, but it's a slow journey, and it will take some time before the vision in the affected eye returns."


He continued, "I am incredibly thankful for the outstanding team of doctors and nurses, and for my family, who have cared for me so diligently over these past weeks. I’ve been quietly recuperating at home this summer, and I’m feeling hopeful about the progress I’ve made so far."


The five-time Grammy winner received a flood of supportive messages in the comments section from fans and celebrities alike, including heartfelt notes from Donatella Versace, Billie Jean King, TJ Osborne of Brothers Osborne, Linda Evangelista, Loni Love, and many others.


This severe eye infection follows another health scare last year when Elton John was hospitalized after “a slip” at his Mont Boron villa near Nice, France. He was taken to Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, where he stayed overnight for observation.

Elton John Reveals He Has 'Limited Vision' in One Eye After 'Severe' Infection 'I Am Healing'

“Elton visited the local hospital as a precaution,” a representative for John told in a statement at that time. “After undergoing check-ups, he was discharged the next morning and is now home, in good health.”


That earlier fall also forced the "Rocket Man" singer to postpone the remaining dates of his 2021 tour to 2023. The accident resulted in "considerable pain and discomfort" in his hip, and despite undergoing physiotherapy and specialized treatment, he experienced limited mobility and ultimately had to have surgery.


"I have been advised to undergo an operation as soon as possible to restore full fitness and prevent any long-term complications," John stated at that time.


The Quran - Chapter Al-Haqqah : 33 - 35

For they never had faith in Allah, the Greatest,

nor encouraged the feeding of the poor.

So this Day they will have no close friend here,