Alicia Keys Sings 'If I Ain't Got You' with Women of Color Orchestra

Alicia Keys Sings 'If I Ain't Got You' with Women of Color Orchestra

The Grammy winner singer and song-writer, Alicia Keys shared her new 2003 hit song “if I Ain’t Got You’, which sees her belt out the lyrics alongside an orchestra of more than 70 women of color from all over the world for Netflix and Shondaland's Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. The revised music video, directed by Diane Martel, features Keys as well as musicians including South Africa's first Black female conductor Ofentse Pitse, the Netherlands' RIMON, France's Amel Bent, Germany's Alicia Awa, Sweden's Cherrie and Norway's Delara.

Anniversary of the Musician’s 2003

Alicia Keys Sings 'If I Ain't Got You' with Women of Color Orchestra

While talking to Billboard on the 20th anniversary of the musician’s 2003 celebrates the debut of Queen Charlotte, 

The entire idea was quite ambitious, I feel like it's going to open the minds of many people to realize that women of color belong everywhere and we've always been everywhere. It's magical. I know they're gonna be very emotional when they see it because the women we who were there were extremely emotional, This is what out ancestors never experienced.

 

She raised me, and that desire for equanimity and fairness was really instilled in me, and then I would see how it will come out in my songs, I would see it on 'A Woman's Worth,' or 'Superwoman' or 'Girl on Fire,' and I know that the majority of those songs and feelings have come from needing a boost, needing that extra energy. Those songs, in a lot of ways, were what I wished and hoped to feel.

Secret of Happy Marriage

'Remember Why You Are in Love'

Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story

Alicia Keys Sings 'If I Ain't Got You' with Women of Color Orchestra

Netflix’s new series of Bridgerton the Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story released May 4. The teaser reveals the story of young Queen Charlotte's life, rise to power and romance with King George over six episodes. The soundtrack of series will feature other orchestral versions of songs by Beyoncé, SZA, Whitney Houston and other artists.

Keys Tour Updates

Keys is currently performing at the final stages of her Alicia + Keys Tour in Latin America through May 19.
“Keys to the Summer Tour” on June 28 in Sunrise, Florida.

During a press statement Keys said, The KEYS TO THE SUMMER TOUR is going to be completely unforgettable and unmissable! I describe it as a celebration of freedom and self-liberation. It's going to be colorful, magical and will light up your body, soul and all of your senses! This is my first time creating a 360 experience and we've made sure it's like nothing you've ever seen! I'm so excited to see y'all this summer.

Story Snippet

Alicia Keys shared her 2003 hit song "if I Ain't Got You" with an orchestra of more than 70 women of color from all over the world for Netflix and Shondaland's Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. The music video, directed by Diane Martel, features Keys as well as musicians such as Ofentse Pitse, RIMON, Amel Bent, Alicia Awa, Cherrie and Norway's Delara. Keys believes it will open the minds of many people to realize that women of color belong everywhere. Keys' new series of Bridgerton the Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story will feature orchestral versions of songs by Beyoncé, SZA, Whitney Houston and other artists. Keys is currently performing at the final stages of her Alicia + Keys Tour in Latin America through May 19. "Keys to the Summer Tour" is a celebration of freedom and self-liberation.

Alicia Keys Sings 'If I Ain't Got You' with Women of Color Orchestra