Joshua Jackson Recalls The Love of His Life In Wife Jodie Turner-Smith 'The One'

Joshua Jackson Recalls The Love of His Life In Wife Jodie Turner-Smith 'The One'

From Joshua Jackson's perspective, it was love at first sight between him and Jodie Turner-Smith.

The 44-year-old actor claimed on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Sunday that he knew Turner-Smith, 36, was the one for him almost immediately.

When Cohen asked Jackson during a "Pillow Talk" section on the show when he first knew his wife was "the one," Jackson replied matter-of-factly: "When she walked into the room looking like that."

He's alluding to a meeting in 2018 during Usher's 40th birthday party in Los Angeles.

Turner-Smith, an actress in her own right, described meeting her now-husband as a similarly heavenly experience.

"I saw him before he saw me, and when I saw him, I was like, 'I want that,'" she explained in 2021 on Late Night with Seth Meyers. "And then, when he saw me, I pretended not to see him."
She went on to claim that neither of them could have predicted the love story that would unfold on the night they met. "When I first met my husband, we had a one-night stand," she admitted before joking, "We're in a two, three-year one-night stand now."

Turner-Smith, like her husband, was smitten immediately away, despite her jokes about how their relationship began.

"When I met Josh, one of the biggest reasons why I married him, wanted him to be my husband, is because of how loved and supported I felt by him," she told Forbes last year. "I had never been with anyone who I felt wanted to lift me up the way he felt he was lifting me up." That is one of my favourite aspects of him."

Only two months after meeting, the couple jetted off to Nicaragua to celebrate New Year's Eve together, and they returned as an engaged couple.

Jackson was taken aback by the engagement, which she explained was the result of Turner-Smith's proposal.
Joshua Jackson Recalls The Love of His Life In Wife Jodie Turner-Smith 'The One'

"We were in Nicaragua at the time." It was breathtakingly beautiful and incredibly romantic. "She asked me to marry her as we were walking down the beach," he stated on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

When Fallon asked Jackson if Turner-Smith's proposal was premeditated, the Dawson's Creek alum said, "There was like a preamble." There was some foreshadowing. I wasn't aware of it earlier, but she was emphatic, and she was correct. This is the best decision I've ever made."

They married in December 2019, according to HotGossipNewz, six months after they appeared to pick up a marriage licence together.

Reflecting on their marriage, Jackson, who appears in the Fatal Attraction revival series on Paramount+, stated that meeting and falling in love with the British actress changed his ideas on marriage and children.

"Partially, it's age," Jackson said earlier this month to The New York Times. "I'm of an age where I can do this." It's partly about meeting the right person at the right time."
Joshua Jackson Recalls The Love of His Life In Wife Jodie Turner-Smith 'The One'

"If we had met five years earlier, we probably would have had a torrid affair," he added, "but all the rest of this stuff, I was just not ready for." I never thought I'd want to.

Jackson, who previously dated actress Diane Kruger from 2006 until 2016, said that their whirlwind romance will be complete when their daughter was born in 2020.

"She was pregnant six months [after the proposal], and we were on our way." And now we have this lovely baby who is actually the manifestation of that love," he added of his and his wife's 3-year-old son. "It is impossible for me to look into the face of my child without feeling love for my wife."

Fatherhood, he claimed, "has changed me in every single possible way."

Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen airs on Bravo Sunday through Thursday nights.
Joshua Jackson Recalls The Love of His Life In Wife Jodie Turner-Smith 'The One'