Charlie Sheen's Ex Brooke Mueller Reveals She's Been Sober For 9 Months

Charlie Sheen's Ex Brooke Mueller Reveals She's Been Sober For 9 Months

Brooke Mueller is celebrating a milestone in her journey toward sobriety.


The 47-year-old actress, known as Charlie Sheen's ex-wife, recently gave her first interview in 15 years on the "Hollywood Raw" podcast with Dax Holt and Adam Glyn. During the conversation, Mueller shared that she has been sober for nearly nine months.


When asked about her experience, Mueller was candid about the challenges she has faced.


"It’s been hard," she admitted, expressing gratitude for the opportunity to discuss her journey. "A lot of people at my level of addiction don't make it. In fact, most people don’t. I’ve worked really hard. It hasn't been easy. I am sober. I follow a program, and I truly believe in the Twelve Steps."


Mueller credited her success in maintaining sobriety to having a strong support system.


"I have a fantastic sober community here in Malibu, made up of some wonderful women, and I attend regular meetings," she said. "Next week, I'll reach nine months of sobriety."

Charlie Sheen's Ex Brooke Mueller Reveals She's Been Sober For 9 Months

Despite feeling more in control of her journey now, Mueller acknowledged that it wasn't always this way — explaining that it took considerable effort to reach this point.


"Do you want to know how much it cost me from my first rehab at 19 or 20 to my 30th rehab at 47?" she asked Holt and Glyn. "It’s in the millions."


She continued, "And that's no exaggeration. Unfortunately, I thought I needed to go to these expensive rehabs that cost anywhere from $75,000 to $140,000 a month to get sober."


Mueller explained that her most recent experience was different, as she chose an insurance-only facility where she received no special treatment. 


"They didn't cater to me, enable me, or care who I was," she shared. "It was a real and raw experience that truly woke me up."


Recently, Mueller was in the news after reportedly being questioned regarding her history with Matthew Perry, following his death.


Perry, who was 54, was found dead in his pool on October 29, 2023. The medical examiner later confirmed his death was due to the "acute effects of ketamine."

Charlie Sheen's Ex Brooke Mueller Reveals She's Been Sober For 9 Months

Mueller first met the "Friends" star about 20 years ago, before her marriage to Sheen in 2008. The two reconnected a few years ago while in rehab.


"Brooke Mueller was questioned in this case because she was friends with Matthew Perry, but she never used ketamine," a source familiar with the investigation told.


The Quran - Chapter Al-Haqqah : 39 - 43

and whatever you cannot see!

Indeed, this ˹Quran˺ is the recitation of a noble Messenger.

It is not the prose of a poet ˹as you claim˺, ˹yet˺ you hardly have any faith.

Nor is it the mumbling of a fortune-teller, ˹yet˺ you are hardly mindful.

˹It is˺ a revelation from the Lord of all worlds.