Mickey Rourke Criticizes Tom Cruise For Playing The 'Same Effing Part For 35 Years'

Mickey Rourke Criticizes Tom Cruise For Playing The 'Same Effing Part For 35 Years'

Mickey Rourke never plays Tom Cruise's wingman.

The Wrestler actor, Mickey Rourke, 69, opened up in a talk show. 

The host Morgan asked Rourke to give his honest opinion about Cruise's recent billion dollar box office success with Top Gun: Maverick.

Rourke said,

"That doesn't mean s*** to me, The guy's been doing the same effing part for 35 years, ya know? I've got no respect for that."

"I don't care about money and power. I care about when I watch Al Pacino work and Chris Walken and [Robert] De Niro's early work and Richard Harris's work and Ray Winstone's work. That’s the kind of actor I want to be like. Like Monty Clift and [Marlon] Brando back in the day. A lot of guys who tried to stretch as actors."

Morgan asked, 

"You don't think Tom Cruise is a good actor?" 

Rourke said,

"I think he's irrelevant in my world,"