Cardi B Explains 'I Always Get Anxiety' in Order to Outdo Her Met Gala Looks

Cardi B Explains 'I Always Get Anxiety' in Order to Outdo Her Met Gala Looks

Cardi B is no stranger to butterflies in her stomach.

While the 30-year-old rapper is always a must-see on the Met Gala red carpet, she admitted that she feels a lot of pressure to outdo what she wore the last time she walked the most coveted steps in fashion.

"Of course, every time I go to the Met, it's fun." But, I don't know, every time I go to the Met for the first time, I get anxious. "And the anxieties just grow and grow and grow," she remarked in a Vogue video promoting the Met Gala in 2023.
"Perhaps because my looks are so spectacular, people expect each year to be more amazing than the last, and it's so difficult because imagine competing with yourself." "That's sick," she continued.

This year, the "Up" singer wore three stunning gowns to the event (plus a fourth look for the afterparty) on Monday night.

She exited her hotel wearing a plunging, bejewelled pink gown and an extravagant tulle headdress. She walked the red carpet wearing a black-and-white tie floral ballgown and a silver wig.

In keeping with the night's "Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty" theme, both of her costumes were inspired by Karl Lagerfeld and model Lily-Rose Depp's looks for the 2017 Chanel haute couture Spring/Summer show.
Cardi B Explains 'I Always Get Anxiety' in Order to Outdo Her Met Gala Looks

Her devotion to Lagerfeld continued inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art, with her third costume of the evening using tweed, a Chanel hallmark. She looked stunning in a pink-and-black houndstooth bodycon dress with a plunging neckline and rhinestones down the bodice and across the hem.

Her final look was a spaghetti-strap newspaper dress she wore to an afterparty at The Box, which she attended with her husband Offset.

During an interview with Vogue, the New York native shared how apprehensive she is before attending the invite-only event.

"The anxiety," Cardi explained. "You know, sometimes I'll be like, 'I'm not doing the Met Gala next year, I just can't do it,' as if it's bad for my health."

The mother of two revealed that she is scared because she is afraid of "bad pictures, people not liking my outfit, like it's just everything, the pressure!"
Cardi B Explains 'I Always Get Anxiety' in Order to Outdo Her Met Gala Looks