Viral Marriage Proposal With Woman's Reaction At Piece of Paper

Viral Marriage Proposal With Woman's Reaction At Piece of Paper

Erica Murphy shared a photo of a ring in a box with a torn-out message on April 30, sparking conflicting reactions on social media. She explains that it's a different feeling when it's her own.

A Georgia lady wants to clear the air about the conflicting reactions to her marriage proposal on social media. Erica Murphy, an Atlanta news anchor, shared a photo of a ring in a box on display with a torn-out message that asks, "Will You Marry Me?" on April 30. "So it's been an incredible year with my guy." He left this in the bathroom for me to notice this morning before I left for work. 

"I said YES! #FutureMrsHomes," she wrote on Twitter.. However, other individuals reacted on the proposal's execution, with many criticising it and others reminding them that to each their own. "I will say that it's one thing to witness someone else go viral and, you know, clicking and laughing and everything like that. "But it's a completely different feeling when it's you," Murphy explained to Today. 
However, when multiple daytime talk shows covered the virality of her marriage proposal, it became an even bigger issue. "It was on Sherri Shepherd's show, and Hoda [Kotb] and Jenna [Bush Hager] had done a segment on it yesterday," Murphy explained, adding, "I felt a little embarrassed." Murphy, on the other hand, told Today. "I do want to set the record straight."

"This man travelled from Detroit to do this." "This wasn't a spur of the moment decision," she claimed of her now-fiancé Monta Homes' motives. "I had a really rough day the day before," Murphy said of the days leading up to the proposal, when she had to cover a Confederate memorial event for work. In my life, I've never seen so many Confederate flags. "I was just completely exhausted." "He'd flown in the night before, and he was laying there in his boxers, looking so comfortable, and I'd just been in the battlefield," she went on. "I was so irritated." "It was a carryover irritation from before," Murphy told Today of the morning after she awoke to the sound of Homes in the bathroom.
Viral Marriage Proposal With Woman's Reaction At Piece of Paper

Homes knew Murphy would walk into the bathroom to clean up after him, so he decided to tear a piece of paper from his study pad and pop the question that way, according to Today. "I am this type of person." "I want to catch her when she is least expecting it," Homes explained to the magazine. "I know other people wanted me to obtain the blimp with the words 'the world is yours' and something like that. But that's just because I could have done it. But I like this," he remarked, unconcerned about what others had to say about his suggestion on social media.

Finally, Murphy said of the proposal, "To me, it was very sweet." I mean, I woke up this morning because I still have this piece of paper that everyone is complaining about. I woke up, he was back in Detroit, and I just smiled and said, 'Monta, you're so cute,' because I thought it was so emotional."
Viral Marriage Proposal With Woman's Reaction At Piece of Paper