Sister Wives Janelle Brown Celebrates Galentine's Day After Vowing to Dream Really, Really Big Without Kody

v

 Janelle Brown is making the most of her independence.

The Sister Wives star, 54, came together with her daughter Savanah Brown, 19, and pals to celebrate Galentine’s Day following her December 2022 split from Kody Brown.

“Gallentines group 🥰.” she wrote alongside the ladies posing together. “Good food, good conversation - all of the things. @angelamoodez @kristinawebbaz @moniquearp Thanks for coming to hang out and welcoming @_savanahbrown_ to join us !”

Janelle previously told that she was “pretty excited about the next chapter” and reflected on how life changed since ending her relationship with Kody.

It is Allah Who has made the night for you to rest in and the day bright. Surely Allah is ever Bountiful to humanity, but most people are ungrateful.
(The Quran - Chapter Ghafir : 61)

“[Life] is simpler because what would happen is Kody would come, because he was very good about sticking to his schedule, but it was this whole upheaval of my routine in my life and where there wasn't a whole lot of connection emotionally, it just felt like a burden,” she shared. “And now I go to bed when I want, I eat what I want for dinner.”

“It's like those basic things, I can choose whatever I want to do in the evening,” she continued. “And it would be great if I had a partner, I've thought about that. If Kody and I had been different and been really connected, and then I think that would've been a very different story. But as it was, I'm so much more free. I was pretty independent and free before, but I'm really free now.”

Janelle is now embracing her freedom and she navigates being single for the first time in three decades. The reality star says that she started to “dream really, really big about crazy things and doing fun things” following her split from Kody.

“I feel like I can choose now," she told. "My youngest is graduated from high school. I now have an exciting professional life, and I have all these kids, I have grandkids, and I just want to explore this part of my life.”

She added, “I think it seems extremely complicated to date. It seems extremely complicated. Plus, ugh, I don't know. No, no. I was married for 30 years, I'm ready now to do something else. You know what I mean? So I'm sometimes a little lonely at night, but it's OK. It's OK, I'll survive.”

Sister Wives Janelle Brown Celebrates Galentine's Day After Vowing to Dream Really, Really Big Without Kody

However, Janelle believes she may be ready for a partnership in 10 years — and she isn’t shutting the door on polygamy.

“I would actually consider a plural marriage because I really do love the freedom and the independence that it gave me, and I think it was a good fit for me,” she explained. “I don't even know what it would be like to be married in a monogamous relationship. If that's what works out, great.”

She affirmed, “So I'm open to plural marriage, but I don't know if there's really a lot of men who can actually pull it off.”

Sister Wives can be streamed in full on Max.