Tori Spelling Reveals She Took Mounjaro to Lose Her Baby Weight: 'I Don’t Feel Shamed'

Tori Spelling Reveals She Took Mounjaro to Lose Her Baby Weight 'I Don’t Feel Shamed'

Tori Spelling revealed that she took type 2 diabetes drug Mounjaro for weight loss.

On the April 16 episode of her podcast misSPELLING, the Beverly Hills, 90210 star, 50, discussed her decision to try Mounjaro, an FDA-approved prescription medication for people with type 2 diabetes. It's a brand name for tirzepatide — also known as Zepbound — which has been proven to be highly effective for weight loss by reducing appetite and improving how the body breaks down sugar and fat.

Mounjaro is similar to Ozempic and Wegovy — brand names for semaglutide — which work in the brain to impact satiety, and have been trending in Hollywood circles for weight loss.

“I did Mounjaro and everyone admits it now. It’s a different time so I don’t feel shamed saying that,” Spelling said on the show.

The actress said took the drug in order to lose her baby weight. She said she’s “really fortunate” because she was able to lose her baby weight after giving birth to four of her children, praising her good genes from her “thin” parents.

However, Spelling admitted that she struggled to lose weight after welcoming her fifth child, son Beau, back in 2017. “I couldn’t lose the weight,” she explained. “At my heaviest, I was 120 lbs. my entire life. And after Beau, I was 160 lbs.”

“I couldn’t lose the weight and the doctor was like, ‘Well, it’s an age thing,’” added Spelling, who had Beau at age 44.

Tori Spelling Reveals She Took Mounjaro to Lose Her Baby Weight 'I Don’t Feel Shamed'

Although Spelling said she never works out and hates drinking water, she said she tried everything to lose weight including exercising and intermittent fasting.

“I did whatever anyone told me to do that was safe and it just wasn’t working,” she said. “The weight wouldn’t come off.”

Spelling said she then visited her doctor who prescribed her to Mounjaro, in addition to hormones as she was approaching menopause.

“She put me simultaneously with the hormones on Mounjaro,” she said. “I’m no longer on it but I did lose weight and I haven’t been on it since the end of January.”

In addition to Spelling, other stars have shared their experiences using Mounjaro including Tracy Tutor, Dolores Catania, Gracie McGraw, Boy George, Whoopi Goldberg and Lauren Manzo.

The Quran - Chapter Az-Zukhruf : 46 - 51

Indeed, We sent Moses with Our signs to Pharaoh and his chiefs, and he said: “I am a messenger of the Lord of all worlds.”

But as soon as he came to them with Our signs, they laughed at them,

although every sign We showed them was greater than the one before.1 Ultimately, We seized them with torments so that they might return ˹to the Right Path˺.2

˹Then˺ they pleaded, “O ˹mighty˺ magician! Pray to your Lord on our behalf, by virtue of the covenant He made with you.1 We will certainly accept guidance.”

But as soon as We removed the torments from them, they broke their promise.

And Pharaoh called out to his people, boasting, “O my people! Am I not sovereign over Egypt as well as ˹all˺ these streams1 flowing at my feet? Can you not see?

Incidents related to Sayyidna Musa (علیہ السلام) have been stated by the Qur'an at many places repeatedly, and the incidents referred to in the present verses have been described in detail in Surah Al-A` raf. The reason for reminding these incidents here is to show that the objection of the infidels of Makkah that the Holy Prophet ﷺ is not a wealthy man is not a new objection; Fir'aun had expressed the same doubt against Sayyidna Musa (علیہ السلام) and his prophethood. His contention was that being the ruler of Egypt, and owner of the palaces and rivers flowing beneath them, how could Musa (علیہ السلام) claim to be a prophet against him. But just as Fir'aun's disbelief could be of no avail to him, and he got drowned along with his people, this objection of 'kuffar' of Makkah, too, will not save them from the divine punishment in this world, or in the Hereafter.