Jamie-Lynn Sigler's Near-Death Experience: Sepsis, Grief, and a Year of Healing

Jamie-Lynn Sigler's Near-Death Experience: Sepsis, Grief, and a Year of Healing

"I had never in my life been more sad, felt more low," Jamie-Lynn Sigler recalled, adding that she allowed herself to "break down and cry."

Jamie-Lynn Sigler is sharing details about a near-death experience she had about a year ago.

The Big Sky actress, 43, opened up on her MeSsy podcast with Christina Applegate about a post-surgery complication she faced shortly after returning from an ashram in India.

"About a year ago, I went to India and stayed at an ashram, feeling awakened, connected, and peaceful. But two weeks later, I had a severe reaction to a surgery, developed sepsis, and was hospitalized. I almost died," Sigler revealed.

"I never told anyone this," she continued. "Two weeks after returning from India, I was in a hospital, literally inches from death."

Sigler described this as one of the defining events of 2023, which she called her "year of grieving." She allowed herself to "break down and cry" and sought professional help to process her emotions.

Jamie-Lynn Sigler's Near-Death Experience: Sepsis, Grief, and a Year of Healing

"I had never been more sad or felt lower," she remembered. "But my time in India taught me that I couldn't escape it. I had to sit with it. I screamed into pillows, cried with friends, reached out for support, sat alone, got a therapist—things I had never done before, but they were necessary."

"You owe it to yourself to cry and really feel those emotions," she advised Applegate, 52. "It's the only way to bring it to the light."

The Sopranos alum shared that embracing her emotions helped her turn a new leaf and come to terms with her experience. This dark period in 2023 was a sharp contrast to her feelings earlier this year after her annual MRI checkup for multiple sclerosis (MS).

Diagnosed with MS at 20, Sigler noted that her condition had been "stable" for about 8-9 years, though she felt frustrated with the lack of improvement despite physical therapy and efforts to stay healthy.

Jamie-Lynn Sigler's Near-Death Experience: Sepsis, Grief, and a Year of Healing

Her doctor offered her a much-needed perspective shift, telling her to "take the responsibility off the table" regarding changing her body or feeling she wasn't doing enough.

"It was a moment I really needed," she admitted. "It lifted a huge burden off me, the need to constantly fix or change myself."

"It felt like this realization extended to my spirituality, just trusting that the universe has my back," she reflected. "I felt so much lighter, and even my husband noticed the change in my vibe. I felt different, more at ease."

The Quran - Chapter Ar-Rahman : 02

taught the Quran,

Grammatically speaking, the verb عَÙ„َّÙ…َ ` allama [ to teach ] requires two objects, the direct and the indirect: [ 1] that of which the knowledge is imparted; and [ 2] he to whom the knowledge is imparted. 

Here the first object [ the Holy Qur'an ] is explicitly stated, but the second object is not. Some of the exegetes express the view that the second object is the Messenger of Allah ï·º who was taught the Qur'an directly by Allah, and through him the entire creation. 

It is possible to look at it from another point of view: The purpose of the Holy Qur'an is to give guidance to the entire creation of Allah, and to teach them good morals and the righteous deeds. 

Therefore, no particular object has been specified. The fact that the second object has not been explicitly specified indicates its generality, that is, it refers to the totality of human beings.