Christina Applegate Probably Never Act Again After Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

Christina Applegate Suspect Never Act Again After Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

‘The Married with Children’ alum Christina Applegate suspect that she may never see herself returning to TV and film after her multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis.

Impact of Sclerosis Disease

During an interview with Vanity Fair, the star, 55, suggested that her sclerosis neurological disease pushes her decades-long acting career to an end and there is no point of return to the screen. 

I'm probably not going to work on-camera again

Applegate shares a lovely experience of working with Netflix's ‘Dead to Me’ co-star Linda Cardellini, as she debuted third and final season in November 2022 with her. She expressed Ping-pong is so much more fun when the other person is just as good as you are, I'm so glad that I went out with someone who is by far the greatest actress I've ever worked with in my entire life, if not the greatest human I've ever known. 

Sclerosis Diagnoses, Treatment and Acting

Christina Applegate Suspect Never Act Again After Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

Applegate revealed that it was as hard as you would possibly think it would be while completing Netflix’s series Dead to Me. Dead to Me’s production was paused so that I can begin my treatment of the sclerosis disease. It's about finding what I'm capable of doing, I'm so new in this right now. It takes time to kind of figure out this disease, and figure out what's bringing on symptoms. I'm just a newbie to all of this. So I'm trying to figure it out — and I'm also in mourning for the person who I was. I have to find a place that's as loving as my set was, where they won't think I'm a diva by saying, 'Hey, I can only work five hours.'

A place that will allow me to [work five hours] if I'm not the star," and that starring in something might be off the table in the future. There's no way I could do the work that I just came off again. I mean, it was so hard. Right now, I couldn't imagine getting up at 5 a.m. and spending 12 to 14 hours on a set. I don't have that in me at this moment.

Christina Applegate Family & Financial Planning

Christina Applegate Suspect Never Act Again After Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

Christina Applegate shares daughter Sadie Grace, 12, with husband Martyn LeNoble and their life going to be hard in future. She still doing a s--t ton of voice-overs to make some cash to make sure that my daughter's fed and we're homed. I can't even imagine going to set right now as this is a progressive disease. I don't know if I'm going to get worse. I can do voiceover stuff because I have to support my family and keep my brain working.  Who knows, I'm probably gonna get real bored of being in my room. I'd like to develop stuff, I'd like to produce stuff. I've got a lot of ideas in my mind, and I just need to get them executed.

What is Sclerosis Disease

Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects the central nervous system — the brain and spinal cord — and can cause problems with muscle control and strength, vision, balance, feeling and thinking. Symptoms include: numbness, tremor or lack of coordination. MS differs in each case, with some people going through life with only minor problems and others becoming seriously disabled.

Christina Applegate Probably Never Act Again After Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis