Christina Applegate Revealed Only Plastic Surgery At The Age of 27 to Overcome Lighting Trouble

Christina Applegate Revealed Only Plastic Surgery At The Age of 27 to Overcome Lighting Trouble

Christina Applegate has spoken out about the pressure she faced to get plastic surgery.


On the July 30 episode of her MeSsy podcast with Jamie-Lynn Sigler, the 52-year-old actress revealed the only plastic surgery she's ever had.


"At 27, I was on a show, and one of the producers, a very famous person, said, 'Hey, we're having trouble lighting under your eyes. Your bags under your eyes are so big,'" Applegate recalled, noting that undereye bags are hereditary for her. "And he suggested I get them removed."


Applegate explained that this comment planted a seed of insecurity in her mind, leading her to feel ashamed and unable to push back. "So, at 27, I had the only plastic surgery I've ever had, which was to remove the bags under my eyes," she shared.


During the conversation, both Applegate and Sigler, who have multiple sclerosis (MS), shared stories of TV executives critiquing their appearances. When Sigler mentioned an editor saying her walk didn't "look right," Applegate responded, "Then they need to f---ing film us differently. That's the thing."


The Dead to Me star also expressed concern that being candid about how actresses are treated on set could create problems for her career. "We talk a lot about the fear of going back to work, and I might want to," she said. "But now I'm like, 'Oh, s---, we're being so honest about this. Are they going to think I can't do it?'"

Christina Applegate Revealed Only Plastic Surgery At The Age of 27 to Overcome Lighting Trouble

Applegate, who was diagnosed with MS in 2021, previously shared that she had liposuction on her legs when she was about 26. "I had a tiny bit of fat on my leg in the back, and our doctor performed the surgery on me," the Emmy winner said during the May 2024 episode.


The actress also opened up about having anorexia during her 10-year run on Married with Children, something she had never publicly discussed before. "I wanted my bones to be sticking out, so I didn't eat," she remembered.


At 15, when the sitcom began, Applegate's mom put her in Weight Watchers. "She was always competitive," the actress said. "If I got down to 110 pounds, she'd be like, 'How did you do it?' The reason was, I had an eating disorder. I would eat five almonds a day, and if I had six, I would cry and not want to leave the house. That stuck with me for years and years."


The Quran - Chapter At-Taghabun : 07

The disbelievers claim they will not be resurrected. Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “Yes, by my Lord, you will surely be resurrected, then you will certainly be informed of what you have done. And that is easy for Allah.”