Brandi Glanville Highlighted Facial Disfigurement from a Stress Induced Angioedema

Brandi Glanville Highlighted Facial Disfigurement from a Stress Induced Angioedema

Brandi Glanville recently posted a photo highlighting the facial swelling she experiences due to angioedema, a skin condition she attributes to stress.


On July 24, the former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star shared a selfie on X (formerly Twitter), displaying her swollen cheek. She claims the condition, brought on by her time on the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip, has left her feeling miserable and depressed.


“This is why I'm miserable and depressed :(,” wrote the 51-year-old, alongside the photo. “I'm not even gonna share the picture of when it sinks in. Stress will kill you. How is your health? Take care of yourself people, thank you Bravo. I couldn't even work if I wanted to at this point.”

COSRX Snail Mucin 96% Power Repairing Essence 3.38 fl.oz 100ml

In January, Glanville revealed to Entertainment Tonight that she was diagnosed with angioedema last year. The condition causes her face to swell so severely that she cannot speak or taste food. "I would go into anaphylactic shock constantly," she said, noting that her symptoms began in August 2023.


According to the Mayo Clinic, angioedema involves swelling in the deeper layers of the skin and other tissues. It often appears around the face and lips and may be accompanied by an itchy, raised rash. While it typically resolves within a day without treatment, severe cases can be life-threatening if the swelling blocks the airway. Antihistamines are commonly prescribed for treatment.

SimplyVital Face Moisturizer Collagen Cream - Anti Aging Neck and Décolleté

Glanville recounted a particularly severe episode in October 2023 when her son had to call 911. 

Brandi Glanville Highlighted Facial Disfigurement from a Stress Induced Angioedema

"I was on the phone with Andy Cohen... and I was just given some very disappointing news and I couldn't take it," she recalled. "The stress just, my eyes swelled shut, my hands [blew up]. I laid down before I fell down, but an ambulance came and I spent two days in the hospital, trying to figure out what's wrong."


She emphasized how the condition has impacted every aspect of her life. “Everyone's like, 'You look great,' I'm like, 'I don't feel like I should feel, I don't look the way I used to look.'”

eos Shea Better Body Lotion- Vanilla Cashmere, 24-Hour Moisture Skin Care, Lightweight & Non-Greasy

Glanville believes the underlying stress is linked to allegations from her time on Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip. She was asked to leave filming in Morocco in January 2023 after allegedly kissing co-star Caroline Manzo multiple times without her consent and groping her off-camera. 


Glanville has consistently denied any wrongdoing, stating, “Nothing happened, that's all I can really say. This false narrative has been going on for 10 months. It's been the worst year of my life. Worse than my divorce."


The Quran - Chapter Al-Munafiqun : 02

They have made their ˹false˺ oaths as a shield, hindering ˹others˺ from the Way of Allah. Evil indeed is what they do!