Pamela Anderson Reveals She 'Had Depression for a Couple of Decades' but Says Past 'Struggles' Were 'Worth It'

"If I can continue working and using these struggles and challenges… I’ll feel blessed," Anderson said on stage while accepting the the Golden Eye Award at the Zurich Film Festival

Pamela Anderson Reveals She 'Had Depression for a Couple of Decades' but Says Past 'Struggles' Were 'Worth It'

Pamela Anderson is grateful for where is now after experiencing “'depression for a couple of decades.”


The Baywatch alum, 57, reflected on the highs and lows of her personal and professional journey while accepting the Golden Eye Award at the Zurich Film Festival on Saturday, Oct. 5.


“I never thought I would be on stage, receiving an award like that," she shared, per Variety. "I just want to keep working. I am excited to do more."


The actress then opened up about the mental health struggles she faced following the NBC series, which ran for 11 seasons from 1989 to 2001.


“I look at it now and it feels like I went from Baywatch to Broadway,” she explained. “I don’t know what happened in between, it’s all a big blur. I am just happy to be here, in this moment, because I think I have had depression for a couple of decades.”

Pamela Anderson Reveals She 'Had Depression for a Couple of Decades' but Says Past 'Struggles' Were 'Worth It'

Anderson was also at the film festival for the premiere of her film, The Last Showgirl, which chronicles a seasoned showgirl in her fifties whose show abruptly closes after a 30-year run.  The role comes after the release of Anderson’s 2023 documentary, Pamela, a Love Story, and memoir, Love, Pamela.


“Ryan [White] made that doc and that’s how [director] Gia [Coppola] saw me,” she shared on stage. “I always knew I was capable of more. It’s great to be a part of pop culture, but it’s a blessing and a curse. People fall in love with you because of a bathing suit. It has taken a long time, but I am here.”


After reflecting on her part in Baywatch and being a Playboy model, Anderson said, “I don’t think I could have played this character [in The Last Showgirl] if I wouldn’t have the life that I had, so it was worth it. If I can continue working and using these struggles and challenges… I’ll feel blessed.”

Pamela Anderson Reveals She 'Had Depression for a Couple of Decades' but Says Past 'Struggles' Were 'Worth It'

In July, Anderson shared a series of photos of herself enjoying time gardening as she celebrated her 57th birthday


Also among the sunny slideshow was a seemingly handwritten note from Anderson, which read, "I'm going to make life beautiful no matter what it takes."


"Happier than ever. Thank you for all the love and birthday wishes. Love, P," she added.


The Quran - Chapter Al - Qiyamah : 10 - 12

on that Day one will cry, “Where is the escape?”

But no! There will be no refuge.

On that Day all will end up before your Lord.