Janelle Monáe Show Case Her 'An Experience' 2023 Met Gala Look - Tribute to Late Fashion Designer

Janelle Monáe Show Case Her 'An Experience' 2023 Met Gala Look - Tribute to Late Fashion Designer

Janelle Monáe is showcasing her Met Gala 2023 ensemble ahead of the big event on Monday.

While celebrating 130 years of cultured pearls with Japanese jewellery maker Mikimoto at New York City's Central Park Tower Penthouse on Saturday, the Knives Out star, 37, told HotGossipNewz what fashion fans can expect from her Met Gala wardrobe.

"It's such a shock. "I've put together an experience," she explained. "You must keep an eye on everything. You don't want to miss a beat on the red carpet."

While Monáe cannot comment on the "Met Gala bathroom experience" because she has yet to use the facilities, she did say that a fun person to sit next to inside the gala is "whoever's not taking themselves seriously."

"It's intended to be enjoyable. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. So I always appreciate folks who aren't worked out about the Met Gala because I'm not," she continued.

Ultimately, however, the event is "supposed to be for me." "I go as an art student," she added. You've been given a task. This is the overall theme. And my team and I are genuinely like art students working on a collaborative project, and we are there."
Janelle Monáe Show Case Her 'An Experience' 2023 Met Gala Look - Tribute to Late Fashion Designer

The topic of this year's Met Gala, Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty, couldn't be more perfect for Monáe, who said that her most memorable Met Gala to date was her first, in 2011, when she wore Chanel with the late creative director of the luxury brand.

"I went with Karl, so it's kind of a full circle for us to honour him." "I'm very excited about what we're going to do," she told HotGossipNewz.

Her favourite moment with Lagerfeld, she says, "was when he asked me to perform at the Chanel show in Dubai."

"He invited me, and I got to meet Tilda Swinton, and I was doing, I think, the cruise show, and he built, literally built something that felt like a pyramid in the middle of the sand," she went on. "And we all gathered, and we came over by boat." And he was so cool that he hugged me."

"Then there was a time when he was in the audience at another event," Monáe continued. He asked me to a different event this time, and he sketched me while I performed and gave me the sketch afterwards."
Janelle Monáe Show Case Her 'An Experience' 2023 Met Gala Look - Tribute to Late Fashion Designer

The actress and singer claimed that she still has the sketch "hidden" somewhere and plans to frame it "because it's really amazing."

It was through this sketch that she realised Lagerfeld was a "incredible" visual artist. "I knew he was a really good artist, but he had a full sketch of my body, my movement in less than 15 minutes," Monáe added.

She also expressed her admiration for the fashion designer's penchant for black and white, telling HotGossipNewz, "He's probably worn black and white for longer than me, and I'm next after him."
Janelle Monáe Show Case Her 'An Experience' 2023 Met Gala Look - Tribute to Late Fashion Designer