Nick Viall Reveals the Side Bet He Made with Tom Sandoval on Special Forces I Was Really Pissed

Nick Viall Reveals the Side Bet He Made with Tom Sandoval on Special Forces I Was Really Pissed

Nick Viall and Tom Sandoval upped the stakes during a challenge on Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test.

On Monday’s episode of the competitive reality show, the alum and the Vanderpump Rules star went head-to-head in a rappelling race down a 330-foot dam.

Though Sandoval ended up victorious in the challenge, Viall revealed that there was more to stake than simple bragging rights.

“On the way up, Tom bet me $100. He was like, ‘Do you want to bet 100 bucks?’ They didn’t show that,” the 43-year-old reality star recalled on an episode of his Viall Files podcast. “He’s like, ‘A side bet,’ and I was like, ‘Sure.’ So, we had 100 bucks riding on it.”

“Tom and I raced down a wall. I was really pissed because technically he beat me,” Viall continued. “I got screwed because if you watch it — they did air it — at the very end, you see me get jerked and I stopped. I was literally going so fast down the wall that the safety team yanked on it. … What they didn’t show was [operative Mark “Billy” Billingham] winking at me when he said, [‘You got scared and you stopped’].”

The podcast host revealed that he and Sandoval were both “flying” through the course and was “a good 10 feet ahead” until he felt a “pull” towards the end of the race.

Viall said of the group’s reaction to his loss, “Tom’s just, like, kind of laughing and I was laughing back and then Billy said I chickened out and I got real pissed. I just decided to take it and smirk and whatever.”

Nick Viall Reveals the Side Bet He Made with Tom Sandoval on Special Forces I Was Really Pissed

Despite his initial irritation, he accepted the loss with good sportsmanship and “paid [Sandoval] as soon as I got off [the show and] got my phone back” through Venmo.

“I’m a man of my word,” he added.

This isn’t the first time Viall has opened up about filming the intensive military training series with Sandoval.

Back in August, the television personality shared that the Tom Sandoval & the Most Extras singer was “definitely very nervous” to take part in the series as his appearance came off the heels of his bombshell affair with his VPR costar Rachel “Raquel” Leviss.

Nick Viall Reveals the Side Bet He Made with Tom Sandoval on Special Forces I Was Really Pissed

“I think there was a little bit of buzz [surrounding him]… Some people knew him, some people knew about him,” Viall explained. “I have so much to say, I don’t know how much I can give away. Tom is an interesting guy, I’ll say that much. A unique individual.”

“I spent a lot of time with Tom. There was one time I was in a Jeep [with] just Tom and I, and we’re constantly mic’d and there’s cameras everywhere,” he added. “And I had the podcast episode I wanted to have with Tom on this in a Jeep. [The show] wasn’t about sticking to your grudges, it was about teamwork and working together and overlooking whatever judgment you had about someone. You were forced to get along.”

Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.

Nick Viall Reveals the Side Bet He Made with Tom Sandoval on Special Forces I Was Really Pissed