Jenna Fischer Filmed Mean Girls with a Broken Shoulder: 'Still in Physical Therapy for It'

Jenna Fischer Filmed Mean Girls with a Broken Shoulder 'Still in Physical Therapy for It'

Jenna Fischer revealed she filmed the new Mean Girls adaptation with a broken shoulder.

Speaking about reuniting her castmates in the all-new AT&T Business ad, the actress opened up about injuring herself during a ski trip and having to conceal it on screen.

“I shot for one day on Mean Girls, and then I didn't have to shoot for a month,” the 50-year-old tells. “And in that month I went on a ski trip and I fell on a sidewalk and I broke my shoulder.”

“So I had to shoot the rest of the movie with a very newly broken shoulder,” says Fischer, who plays Cady Heron’s mom in the musical comedy.

The Office alum says the cast and crew were kind about accommodating her injury, noting that she couldn’t really move her right arm.

“If you notice in the opening shot of the movie, I'm out in the middle of a field and Cady is singing, and I have a crossbody bag on. And I'm holding my crossbody bag,” she explains. “The reason I'm doing that is because I had to take my sling off. That was serving as a sling for me.”

“So if you notice in the movie I am exclusively gesturing with my left arm. It was the wildest experience,” she continues. “So a big part of my role in Mean Girls was pretending I didn't have a broken shoulder.”

Jenna Fischer Filmed Mean Girls with a Broken Shoulder 'Still in Physical Therapy for It'

Fischer says that she’s just now able to raise her arm above her head, one year after the injury.

“I'm still in physical therapy for it. I'm still rehabbing it,” she says. “It's a complicated injury, as anyone who's injured their shoulder will tell you.”

Despite the broken shoulder, Fischer says that filming Mean Girls was an “amazing experience” for her and she’s thrilled that the movie has been well received.

“I was so excited about the reaction to that movie because the people in that movie were so genuinely kind and wonderful and talented,” she says. “That young cast was just outstanding and it was one of those things where, when you finish shooting it, you think to yourself, ‘Gosh, I hope this movie does well because this is a good group.’ You want the good guy to win, right? So I was really rooting for it.”

The Quran - Chapter Az-Zukhruf : 63 - 66

When Jesus came with clear proofs, he declared, “I have come to you with wisdom, and to clarify to you some of what you differ about. So fear Allah, and obey me.

Surely Allah ˹alone˺ is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him ˹alone˺. This is the Straight Path.”

Yet their ˹various˺ groups have differed among themselves ˹about him˺, so woe to the wrongdoers when they face the torment of a painful Day!

Are they waiting for the Hour to take them by surprise when they least expect ˹it˺?

وَلِأُبَيِّنَ لَكُم بَعْضَ الَّذِي تَخْتَلِفُونَ فِيهِ (and to explain to you some of those matters in which you differ...43:63) Since Bana Isra'il were drowned in arrogance and obstinacy, they had tampered with the Divine laws. Sayyidna ` Isa (علیہ السلام) disclosed the reality of such distortions. 

The words 'some matters' are used because some other matters were purely of mundane nature. He might have not felt the need to deal with those differences. (Bayan-ul-Qur an).