Magic Johnson Details How He’s Defied the Odds Since 1991 HIV Diagnosis: 'I’ve Done My Part'

Magic Johnson Details How He’s Defied the Odds Since 1991 HIV Diagnosis 'I’ve Done My Part'

 When Magic Johnson revealed he was HIV positive in 1991, it felt like a dire prognosis. But thanks to advancements in medicine, support from his wife, and regular medical care, he found hope. "Every time I get my T-cell count results and they're excellent, I know I'm doing well," said the former basketball star, now 64, at Cedric the Entertainer and Toni Braxton’s Love & Laughter show in Las Vegas on April 27.

Although retired from professional sports, Johnson maintains a rigorous fitness regimen, starting his day at 4 a.m. "I stretch, work out for two hours, then spend the rest of the day in the office," he shared. This commitment to staying in top physical shape has been instrumental. "As long as I keep this pace, it's been a blessing," he added. "I've done my part, the medicine has done its part, and my wife keeps me accountable."

Johnson's resilience and dedication to his health serve as an inspiration, proving that with the right support and determination, living with HIV can be manageable.

Magic Johnson Details How He’s Defied the Odds Since 1991 HIV Diagnosis 'I’ve Done My Part'

Magic Johnson first disclosed his HIV diagnosis to the public through a press conference in the early '90s. Since then, he has become a prominent advocate for HIV/AIDS prevention. In addition to maintaining his physical well-being, Johnson has flourished in various other roles, including entrepreneur, philanthropist, and highly successful businessman. Reflecting on his journey, he told that he is thriving in multiple aspects of his life, demonstrating resilience and success beyond his basketball career.

Magic Johnson Details How He’s Defied the Odds Since 1991 HIV Diagnosis 'I’ve Done My Part'

Over the weekend, Magic Johnson attended Cedric and Braxton’s residency show in Vegas, where Toni Braxton's singing meets Cedric's comedy. The event also served as a celebration for Cedric's 60th birthday.

Johnson praised Cedric's ability to keep the audience laughing, noting, "He just keeps you laughing." He emphasized Cedric's unchanged humor and larger-than-life presence. "It’s like, you could be sitting there just talking about something, and he'll make a joke out of it, and he'll have you on the floor," Johnson remarked. He described Cedric as authentic, organic, and real, highlighting the longstanding friendship between Cedric and his wife, Lorna Wells, and Johnson and his wife, Cookie Johnson, spanning more than two decades.

The Quran - Chapter Al-Ahqaf : 01 - 03

Ḥâ-Mĩm.

The revelation of this Book is from Allah—the Almighty, All-Wise.

We only created the heavens and the earth and everything in between for a purpose and an appointed term. Yet the disbelievers are turning away from what they have been warned about.

The study of the universe reveals that inherent in it are wisdom and meaningfulness. Then, how can a set of systems which is so meaningful at its beginning become meaningless at its end? Truth, monolithic and immutable, is the greatest power of the universe. 

In spite of this, why is it that people reject it when it is presented before them? The reason is that in the present world people are simply informed of the Truth. 

In the Hereafter Truth will impose itself on them and at that time those very individuals who treated the Truth as unimportant and ignored it, will break down before it.