Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson Faced Biggest Fear as Cardwell's Cancer Progressively Bad

Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson Faced Biggest Fear as Cardwell's Cancer Progressively Bad

 Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson is facing one of her biggest fears as her sister Anna "Chickadee" Cardwell's health declines.

In the June 28 episode of "Mama June: Family Crisis", Lauryn "Pumpkin" Efird calls Alana, who is away at college, with troubling news. As Alana prepares for her final exams, Pumpkin informs her that Anna's cancer has worsened, and she is now in hospice care.

"Anna's really not looking all that well," Pumpkin says solemnly. "She has decided to stop radiation, and she’s now on hospice, as per her request to Mama June."

"She's really that bad? Why didn't someone call me before now?" Alana questions over the phone.

Pumpkin explains that the family wanted Alana to focus on her studies, so they kept the news from her. Alana reveals that she had feared this scenario before leaving for college.

Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson Faced Biggest Fear as Cardwell's Cancer Progressively Bad

"I was worried about things getting worse while I was away," she tells Pumpkin. Speaking to the cameras, she recalls how Anna encouraged her to pursue her education and dreams.

"Anna told me, 'Go out there, don't let me stop you.' So, that's what I did because it’s what she wanted," Alana explains. "But I had a feeling things would get really bad while I was in Colorado."

With finals looming and Anna’s health deteriorating, Alana admits she feels overwhelmed and stressed. Pumpkin shares that Anna can no longer be left alone and hasn’t slept in three days. Initially planning a final Christmas party for Anna and her daughters, Pumpkin now intends to move the event up and asks if Alana can come home in time.

"I’ll try to get a flight. I have a lot of exams this week, but I'll see if I can take them earlier," Alana responds. "I have so much to stress about now."

Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson Faced Biggest Fear as Cardwell's Cancer Progressively Bad

Pumpkin offers to email Alana’s professors, but Alana insists she can handle it herself. She even considers marking the semester as "incomplete" and finishing later if necessary.

In December 2023, Mama June announced on Instagram that Anna had passed away from cancer, months after being diagnosed with stage 4 adrenal carcinoma.

"Mama June: Family Crisis" airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET on WEtv.

The Quran - Chapter Al-Waqi'ah : 95 - 96

Indeed, this is the absolute truth.

So glorify the Name of your Lord, the Greatest.