Love Island’s Jack Fowler Shared Harrowing Expereince of Severe Allergic Reaction

Love Island’s Jack Fowler Shared Harrowing Expereince of Severe Allergic Reaction

Reality star Jack Fowler, known for his appearance on Love Island, recounted a harrowing experience where he nearly died from a severe allergic reaction while flying to Dubai.

On June 17, the 28-year-old shared on Instagram that he was hospitalized after consuming a chicken curry that he claims contained nuts. He criticized the airline for their mishandling of his allergy, despite informing the flight crew in advance.

"I’m sharing this because people need to understand how dangerous food allergies can be and to highlight the negligence from @emirates airline,” Fowler wrote.

He detailed his experience, stating, “I informed my flight attendant twice about my nut allergy before being served chicken curry. Without being given a menu, I was asked if I preferred chicken or fish. I chose chicken and reiterated my severe nut allergy. The flight attendant assured me there were no nuts in the chicken curry.”

Love Island’s Jack Fowler Shared Harrowing Expereince of Severe Allergic Reaction

Fowler continued, “When I received the meal, I asked again to confirm there were no nuts, and the attendant once more assured me it was safe. Trusting this, I began eating the chicken curry. Almost immediately, my throat started to close up, and I struggled to breathe. I questioned the attendant again about nuts in the food and was repeatedly told there were none.”

However, Fowler's friend asked to see the menu and discovered it described the dish as a “creamy chicken curry with cashew nuts.” Fowler included a photo of the menu in his post.

"Faced with the real danger of dying on the plane, I knew I needed emergency treatment immediately,” he wrote. “I used five tanks of oxygen and administered my Adrenaline Pen (EpiPen). I told the flight supervisor, ‘If you don’t land this plane soon, I will die.’ This prompted the pilot to expedite the flight.”

Love Island’s Jack Fowler Shared Harrowing Expereince of Severe Allergic Reaction

Upon landing in Dubai, Fowler was quickly transported to a hospital for further treatment.

Fowler condemned the airline’s actions as “unacceptable,” expressing his hope that this incident serves as a lesson for other airlines and cabin crews.

“We trust the cabin crew to ensure our safety during flights,” he concluded. “Greater care must be taken.”

In his Instagram Stories, Fowler reiterated his frustration, tagging the airline and stating, “Your negligence put me in a life-threatening situation by incorrectly informing me that the food was nut-free. When will food allergies be taken seriously?”

The Quran - Chapter Al-Waqi'ah : 13 - 14

˹They will be˺ a multitude from earlier generations

and a few from later generations.