Travis & Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Off Fitness Project Run Travis Run

Travis & Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Off Fitness Project Run Travis Run

 Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink-182, has launched an exciting new health initiative.

On Tuesday, June 18, the 48-year-old introduced his "run and wellness experience" called Run Travis Run. His wife, Kourtney Kardashian Barker, 45, played a significant role in the announcement.

"Run Travis, run!" Kourtney cheered from the sidelines, referencing the iconic "Run Forrest, run!" line from the 1994 film Forrest Gump, as Travis recreated the famous running scene from the movie. Wearing a red cap similar to the one Tom Hanks wore as Forrest Gump, Barker shared a clip of his run on the couple's Instagram Stories.

A social media user noted Kourtney's "southern drawl" in the video, commenting "Jenny!" in a nod to Forrest's friend and later wife in the film, played by Robin Wright.

On the Run Travis Run website, Barker explained how running became a crucial part of his recovery after a devastating plane crash in 2008, which killed four people and left him with third-degree burns on over half his body.

Travis & Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Off Fitness Project Run Travis Run

"After my accident in 2008, more than 70% of my body was burnt, and doctors told me I might never walk or play drums the same again. I was never athletic, but I had this urge to prove everyone wrong, including myself," Barker wrote. "It started with short walks, which turned into short runs every day. Running brought me a sense of calmness and a rush of dopamine. I’ve kept it up for years, and I always start my day with a run. Even on tour, I run 3 miles every day before my shows."

Travis & Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Off Fitness Project Run Travis Run

He continued, "This past year, I ran my first half marathon and participated in a few 5k races. The running community is massive, and it inspired me to create Run Travis Run to bring like-minded people together. I want to motivate people to get outside, walk, or run for a few hours, make healthy decisions, and create healthy habits."

Barker concluded, "This is what Run Travis Run is built on, and we are just getting started." Kourtney reshared his message on her Instagram Stories, adding, "You are so inspiring," with a red heart emoji.

Travis & Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Off Fitness Project Run Travis Run

Travis also invited people to join him, writing, "I just felt like running... come run with me!!!" on Instagram, providing details about the first two events: one in Los Angeles on July 6, and another in Queens, New York on July 21.

In a 2017 interview with Runner's World, Barker credited running with helping him in all aspects of his life. "I just love running. It makes me feel like I can conquer anything that comes at me," he said. "I’m never tapped out."

The Quran - Chapter Al-Waqi'ah : 18 

with cups, pitchers, and a drink ˹of pure wine˺ from a flowing stream,