Kathy Griffin Showcased Her Successful Repaired Voice After Vocal Cord Repair Surgery

Kathy Griffin Showcased Her Successful Repaired Voice After Vocal Cord Repair Surgery

"I lost my voice, and it's back now... It's like a boob job in my throat," Griffin joked.


Kathy Griffin recently shared an update and showcased her new voice after undergoing vocal cord surgery following her lung cancer treatment.


On Friday, July 26, the 63-year-old comedian informed her Instagram followers about her vocal cord recovery. She had previously mentioned that she underwent a "groundbreaking" surgery in June to restore her voice.

Propolis Throat Spray by Beekeeper's Naturals - 95% Bee Propolis Extract

"Many of you know I had lung cancer, and during my lung cancer surgery, the surgeon accidentally paralyzed my left vocal cord permanently. But I had a groundbreaking surgery," she explained.


"I had a female surgeon this time," she quipped. "Her name is Dr. Anca Barbu, and no, I'm not being paid to say that. She's just amazing... I have an implant in my left vocal cord, and I sound like myself again!"

"I can yell, and I'm thrilled about that!" she continued, using her new voice to endorse Vice President Kamala Harris for president.


"There's hope for the first time!" she added, raising her voice and waving her hands in the air, before promoting her upcoming tour dates. "I feel like I have a voice, and she can really win this!"


"Anyway, I know it's strange that I'm connecting these two things, but I'm just excited to be able to... I'm a comic, I lost my voice, and it's back now... It's like a boob job in my throat," she joked.

Traditional Medicinals Lozenges, Organic Throat Coat Lemon Ginger Echinacea, Sore Throat Support

Last month, Griffin announced that she would be undergoing surgery on June 12 to treat her left vocal cord, telling her fans in an Instagram post the day before the procedure that she was "getting an implant in my left vocal cord, which was left permanently paralyzed during my lung cancer surgery, where they removed half my left lung."


"I also have an aperture, which is a tear above my vocal cords, and that's why sometimes when I'm doing stand-up, my voice goes to a higher pitch," she continued.


After the successful procedure, Griffin shared another update video, featuring a clip of her in a post-op examination with her doctor, who gave her the green light to speak for the first time.


In August 2021, Griffin revealed that she had been diagnosed with lung cancer and underwent a lobectomy to remove the disease that same month.


Over a year later, in May 2023, she had another operation on her left vocal cord. In a conversation in June 2023, she described the procedure as "really gnarly."


"They use a hook to open your mouth," Griffin explained, noting that general anesthesia was required for the 15-minute procedure, "because there's a needle down my throat!"

Kathy Griffin Showcased Her Successful Repaired Voice After Vocal Cord Repair Surgery

"Then they put a needle on a camera and insert it down your throat," she continued. "And then they inject your tiny vocal cord with this substance."


At that time, she also spoke about her "cancellation" following her controversial photo with a replica of Donald Trump, telling that she felt she was rediscovering her voice in more ways than one after her vocal cord surgery.


"I feel like I figuratively lost my comedic voice because of the Trump photo scandal, and I literally lost my voice due to the cancer surgery. Now I finally have my voice back," Griffin told. "I'm a grateful, naughty comedian again!"


The Quran - Chapter Al-Munafiqun : 07

They are the ones who say ˹to one another˺, “Do not spend ˹anything˺ on those ˹emigrants˺ with the Messenger of Allah so that they will break away ˹from him˺.” But to Allah ˹alone˺ belong the treasuries of the heavens and the earth, yet the hypocrites do not comprehend.