Kendall Jenner Recalls the ‘Dark Nights’ She Used to ‘Hysterically’ Cry Herself to Sleep from Modeling

Kendall Jenner Recalls the ‘Dark Nights’ She Used to ‘Hysterically’ Cry Herself to Sleep from Modeling

“There have been many moments where I question, ‘What is happening, is this worth it?’” Jenner shared on the ‘Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain’ podcast.


Kendall Jenner is opening up about the loneliness she has experienced in her modeling career.


In a conversation with Emma Chamberlain for her podcast "Anything Goes", the 28-year-old reality television star spoke candidly about her life as a model.


“I’m not going to pretend I’ve had the toughest journey. I think I’ve been incredibly fortunate," Jenner said on the August 1 episode. "But I’ve also faced my own set of challenges, whether it’s being overworked or missing out on jobs I would have loved to get."


The founder of 818 Tequila also discussed the loneliness she often feels while traveling for work.


“It is very lonely,” Jenner agreed with Chamberlain. “I’ve had really dark nights in random cities, crying myself to sleep because I haven’t been home in three months and have been pretty much alone the entire time.”

Kendall Jenner Recalls the ‘Dark Nights’ She Used to ‘Hysterically’ Cry Herself to Sleep from Modeling

She added that sometimes, while working, “something significant happens at home, and I’m told I can’t be there for it.”


“There have been many moments where I question, ‘What is happening, is this worth it?’” Jenner said.


However, Jenner has several routines that help her stay grounded, such as “cleansing” her body with a shower or “submerging” herself in water (she attributes this to her Scorpio nature craving H2O), taking walks, and doing digital detoxes.


Reflecting on her career so far, she can’t help but feel grateful.


“It truly is a beautiful thing to travel the world the way I have. I probably would have never traveled as extensively if not for this job. I’ve met a lot of amazing people," she said. “I feel very grateful for my experience.”


In recent years, Jenner has advocated for creating safe spaces to foster conversations about mental health while simultaneously managing her own anxiety, something she’s dealt with since she was 7.

Kendall Jenner Recalls the ‘Dark Nights’ She Used to ‘Hysterically’ Cry Herself to Sleep from Modeling

"I don’t see why I shouldn’t be honest about it,” she said in her Vogue summer 2024 cover story published in June. “Right now, I feel stable and hopeful in my career. But I’ve had a tough couple of months. I haven’t been myself, and my friends see it. I’m more sad than usual. I’m way more anxious than usual,” she continued.


“So I’m not going to sit here and act like everything’s perfect. That’s life — I’ll always move in and out of these feelings. In past interviews, when asked about my mental state, it’s always been, ‘I’m great right now, but this is what I’ve dealt with.’ Well, right now, I’m actually in it.”


The Quran - Chapter At-Taghabun : 13

Allah—there is no god ˹worthy of worship˺ except Him. So in Allah let the believers put their trust.