Tammy Slaton Says She Faced 'Inner Demons' to Lose Over 500 Lbs.: 'I’m Still Fighting'

Tammy Slaton Says She Faced 'Inner Demons' to Lose Over 500 Lbs. 'I’m Still Fighting'

"You can do anything once you put your mind to it," says "1000-Lb. Sisters" star Tammy Slaton as she reflects on her incredible journey toward better health.


On August 27, Tammy, 38, took to social media to share a heartfelt video about her "rollercoaster" weight loss experience and her success in shedding over 500 pounds.


"I take a lot of pictures, a lot of selfies—not because I think I look great, though maybe a little bit—but mainly to remember where I started, how big I was," Tammy began in her post. "Looking back, I think, ‘Wow, I was huge!’ I’ve lost 500 pounds. I wouldn’t even be able to sit in this chair if I hadn’t."


Tammy opened up about the emotional challenges she faced along the way: "I was so focused on losing weight that I ended up losing myself in the process. I turned to alcohol instead of food, but I was still eating. So, I was damaging myself in two different ways." She acknowledged how easy it would be to slip back into old habits and regain the weight, but she questioned, "What would all of this have been for? A waste of time, money, and effort."

Tammy emphasized that her weight loss wasn’t just a diet—it was a complete lifestyle change. She highlighted the importance of addressing the mental and emotional struggles that come with such a transformation. "I had a lot of inner demons to fight, and I’m still fighting them," she shared. "But you’re not alone. You can do anything once you set your mind to it. Never give up."


In the caption of her post, Tammy expressed her intention to use social media as a platform to celebrate every step of her journey and to inspire others who might be facing similar struggles. "We’re all in this together, and I believe in lifting each other up, one day at a time," she wrote. "So, join me as we embrace the highs, the lows, and everything in between. Let’s keep moving forward with love and positivity!"


Recently, Tammy revealed this major milestone in her weight loss journey by sharing a video originally posted by content creator Katlyn Foster. The video features a group of seven women, each showcasing their weight loss transformation to the song "Rise Up" by Andra Day.

Tammy Slaton Says She Faced 'Inner Demons' to Lose Over 500 Lbs. 'I’m Still Fighting'

In the video, Tammy walks into the frame, proudly showing that she’s lost 500 pounds. The women then join hands and raise them in unity as the screen reads, "In total, we have lost 2,078 lbs.! Weight loss warriors."


After reposting the video, Tammy added a heartfelt note, expressing her pride in her friends. "Truly absolutely amazing ladies, and I’m happy to call y’all my friends," she wrote. "I’m so proud of each and every one of y’all. Not only are you beautiful on the inside, but you’re gorgeous on the outside. Never forget."


With her inspiring words and unwavering determination, Tammy Slaton continues to motivate others on their own journeys toward health and self-love.


The Quran - Chapter Al-Qalam : 18 - 20

leaving no thought for Allah’s Will.

Then it was struck by a torment from your Lord while they slept,

so it was reduced to ashes.