Remi Bader Reflects on Weight Loss and Criticism in New Post: 'Will Always Be the Same Remi No Matter What I Weigh'

Remi Bader Reflects on Weight Loss and Criticism in New Post 'Will Always Be the Same Remi No Matter What I Weigh'

"I worry that if we never learn to love our bodies as they grow and evolve, we'll spend our entire lives wishing we were someone else," shared the curvy influencer.


Remi Bader is taking a moment to reflect on body image.


The 29-year-old influencer and model, known for embracing her curves, recently took to Instagram to share an honest post addressing the criticism and negative comments she has received about her appearance. She included a series of videos showing herself in various outfits over the years—from two-piece swimsuits and form-fitting dresses to a bold hot pink lace ensemble, a sleek black pantsuit, and a striking cut-out white dress.

In her heartfelt caption, Bader reflected on her journey and questioned how many people are genuinely happy with their bodies. She also spoke openly about the hurtful comments she has faced regarding her appearance.


"I hide a lot of the comments on here for my own peace of mind. Words like 'fat,' 'whale,' 'obese,' 'skinny,' 'tiny'—just to name a few," she wrote. "But, of course, I still see them, and it's painful to witness the constant discussion about my body on this platform. I can't help but wonder, why does my body have to be the most important thing about me?"


Discussing her recent physical transformation, Bader revealed that just last year, she felt she was "too large for society, for those closest to me, and even seen as a bad example to the world." Now, however, she finds herself being criticized for losing weight.


"This August, I find myself too small for my community, too small for certain brands, yet still too big for many, and STILL considered too big for society," she noted.


Despite her changing appearance, Bader explained that she still sees herself in the same way. "My body has fluctuated for as long as I can remember, and my mind has never quite caught up with understanding if I was larger or smaller or what I truly looked like."


"It was always the outside world defining that for me," she added.


She hinted at the "immense amount of trauma" she has endured over the past year, stating that while she intends to open up about it one day, "now is just not the time."

Remi Bader Reflects on Weight Loss and Criticism in New Post 'Will Always Be the Same Remi No Matter What I Weigh'

"I am so much more than my physical body and will always be the same Remi, no matter what I weigh—that's something I am certain of," she concluded.


In a voiceover accompanying the video, Bader encouraged her followers to accept and love their bodies as they are, rather than longing for a past version of themselves.


She urged her fans to "celebrate the life experiences that have led to a bigger body," reminding them to be kinder to themselves, especially since it's the only body they've ever known.


"I'm afraid that if we don't learn to love our bodies as they expand and change, we'll forever be trapped in wishing away our true selves," she continued. "Because I know you never really loved the body you wish you could go back to, did you? You've always wished to be different, to be smaller, to take up less space."


"If you don't learn to stop feeling ashamed of your body today, that would be the greatest tragedy of all. Time won't pause or grant you extra days to hate yourself."


The Quran - Chapter Al-Qalam : 46 - 47

Or are you asking them for a reward ˹for the message˺ so that they are overburdened by debt?

Or do they have access to ˹the Record in˺ the unseen, so they copy it ˹for all to see˺?