Selena Gomez And Michelle Obama On A Same Page Of 'Voting Squad'

Selena Gomez And Michelle Obama On A Same Page Of 'Voting Squad'

The singer and actress, Selena Gomez, 29, introduced the former First Lady Michelle Obama, 58, at the "Culture of Democracy Summit" which was held in Los Angeles' Banc of California Stadium.

In the start of the event, Gomez welcome lawyer, authors and after that briefly talked about the working of "When We All Vote" organization.

Gomez said, "I couldn't be more proud to be a part of her voting squad, and now each one of you can start a voting squad of your own,"

Later, Michelle took the stage and deliver her speech, 

"If you recognize that protecting and expanding our democracy is the best and only path out of this mess, I think we all can agree that we need to stop playing the same old song, We need a remix."

"Because this isn't about folks like me, because 50 years from now, y'all, I am not going to be up here, In fact, I will probably be in a wheelchair with a blanket over my lap, just asking somebody to roll me into the sun."

"And I want you to feel inspired and energized because no one person can do this on their own, And knowing that you all are already by my side, all that you've already accomplished, there's no reason for me to believe that we can't get this done. Stay encouraged and know that I love you all."