Aaron Latham Journalist and Urban Cowboy Screenwriter Passed Away at 78

Aaron Latham Journalist and Urban Cowboy Screenwriter Passed Away at 78

Aaron Latham, journalist, author and screenwriter passed away at 78.

The Urban Cowboy writer, Aaron Latham, who was married to CBS News' Lesley Stahl since 1977, passed away due to Parkinson at the Bryn Mawr Hospital in Pennsylvania.

According to her wife, Stahl, 80, 

"I had it much worse than he did. I ended up getting pneumonia and had to go to the hospital," she said last year. "Then I recovered 100 percent."

"My husband had a very mild case, but he has Parkinson's Disease and it played havoc with his disease, sadly. It seems the virus accelerated his Parkinson's," 

"He called me out of the blue, I think I slammed the phone down on him. We dated through the hearings and the trials. Then finally Nixon resigned, and we looked at each other and we said, 'What are we going to talk about now?'"