'90 Day' 's Mahmoud's Brother Warns Him While Considering a Life in America

'90 Day' 's Mahmoud's Brother Warns Him While Considering a Life in America

Mahmoud Sherbiny was on the brink of a big life change on the latest 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way.

On Sunday's episode, the Egyptian man admitted he was considering a move to America to be with his wife Nicole Sherbiny. Mahmoud explained in a heart-to-heart with his brother, Ahmed, why he had suddenly opened his mind to relocating after seeing Nicole attempt (and fail) twice to live in Egypt twice.

"She can't adjust to life here," Mahmoud said of his ongoing cultural and religious clashes with his wife.

"So she is leaving for sure?" Ahmed asked. "That's her plan?"

Mahmoud affirmed Nicole's intention to come home — with or without him.

"At first, I was upset because she changed her mind so abruptly," Mahmoud explained. "But then I thought, since she's been trying to adjust to life here for the past four years, I should at least try," she says.

Though Mahmoud could see the advantages of starting over in a new country, his brother was sceptical.

"Ultimately, it's your call," Ahmed admitted. "However, there are some factors you should consider. People will be missed. You will not feel at ease. You will feel uncomfortable. I'm not telling you this to say no to her, but to prepare you for what's to come."

Separately, Ahmed told reporters, "I know they love each other, but I don't think Mahmoud should move to America."

Mahmoud revealed more of his ideas about migrating to the United States in a confessional. "Nicole tried so hard to be with me in Egypt," he remarked. "Now, if I have the opportunity to move to the United States, I would be a terrible person if I said, 'Oh, no, I'm not going to move.'" It would be a selfish act."
'90 Day' 's Mahmoud's Brother Warns Him While Considering a Life in America

Last week, Mahmoud and Nicole discussed the concept of America openly. When he took his wife to acquire a cat for companionship, she dropped the bombshell that she'd rather return to the United States. Mahmoud was taken aback by the abrupt shift in direction and responded truthfully.

"I felt so sad, so mad," he confessed. "I always think our love is very powerful. This is why we work so hard to be able to live in Egypt. She has now decided to depart. "I feel like this is exactly what I'm concerned about."

His main concern was whether or not the American public would accept his hardline Muslim ideas. "If I go to the US to be with Nicole, I'm not sure people will accept me because, like, I'm Egyptian and from the Middle East," he told reporters. "I'm also Muslim." Perhaps it would be difficult for me. I'm sure life is very different there."

TLC's 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET.
'90 Day' 's Mahmoud's Brother Warns Him While Considering a Life in America