Kendall Toole Explains Why She Departed From the Fitness Platform Peloton

Kendall Toole Explains Why She Departed From the Fitness Platform Peloton

Popular Peloton instructor Kendall Toole has explained her departure from the fitness platform, saying she "outgrew my shell" and needed more space to pursue her dreams.


In a TikTok video posted on Monday, Toole, 31, responded to a comment asking why she left Peloton. “I knew this question would come up, so here we go,” she began, speaking from what appeared to be the back of a car.


“I left Peloton because it was time to renegotiate my contract and for various other reasons, but mainly because I felt it was time to grow in my career,” Toole shared. 

@kendalltoole Replying to @UVDTF | RN | Crafter | Mama ♬ original sound - Kendall Toole

Reflecting on her time at Peloton, she said, “I loved the five years I spent there and I'm very grateful for it. I miss teaching and I miss you all, but I’m ready to build something for myself and pursue bigger dreams.”


Toole continued, “You can’t stay in one place and expect things to change and happen for you. I outgrew my shell.”


Using a metaphor, she added, “Like a hermit crab, I left my old shell and am now building and finding a new one. That’s the gist of it.”


In the video’s caption, Toole explained, “I needed a bigger sandbox to play in! Big dreams don’t fit in small containers.”


Toole, who joined Peloton in 2019 and quickly became one of its most popular instructors, has been an advocate for mental health through her classes and social media. She led a Mental Health Awareness-month ride on Peloton and has been open about her own struggles with anxiety and depression, revealing she was diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) at age 11.

Kendall Toole Explains Why She Departed From the Fitness Platform Peloton

In a 2021 interview, Toole said, "It’s been wonderful to open up. Having a platform and not being honest when asking others to be their best selves felt wrong."


“Talking about mental health and helping end the stigma has been crucial,” she added.


Since leaving Peloton, Toole has launched a podcast called Wholeheartedly, co-hosted with her friend, HGTV star Galey Alix. “It’s a space to be open and honest, fostering a community where people feel seen,” she told.


“I believe it’s important to use your platform to connect with the world and serve the community,” she emphasized.


The Quran - Chapter At-Taghabun : 05

Have the stories of those who disbelieved before not reached you ˹pagans˺? They tasted the evil consequences of their doings, and they will suffer a painful punishment.