Samantha Harris Reveals Second Breast Cancer Diagnosis: 'I Will Fight On'

Samantha Harris Reveals Second Breast Cancer Diagnosis 'I Will Fight On'

Samantha Harris has shared the heartbreaking news that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time.


On August 14, the former Dancing With the Stars co-host, who first faced breast cancer in 2014, took to Instagram to update her followers on her health. In an emotional video, the 50-year-old said, "I never thought I would have to share this again, but my breast cancer has returned. Despite this, I feel fortunate to have been able to guide and support so many of you through Your Healthiest Healthy community. I will continue to do so, and I will keep fighting. I will be okay."


Harris expressed gratitude for her family and close friends, stating, "As I lean on them, I also reach out to lean on you during this time. I will continue to share more as my treatment plan unfolds. I'll see you soon."


The comments section of her post quickly filled with messages of support. Tom Bergeron, her fellow former DWTS host, wrote, "Sending hugs." Melissa Peterman added, "Sending you so much love. ❤️ 🙏" Eva LaRue shared, "Oh no, my heart aches! I’m so sorry, my sweet friend. Sending you and your family so much love and every possible healing prayer. 🙏💗"

In March 2023, Harris spoke about her initial breast cancer diagnosis a decade ago. She was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy. During the surgery, doctors discovered that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes, which led to breast reconstruction surgery.


Since then, Harris has used her platform to inspire women to prioritize their health. She emphasized the importance of preventative care, saying, "We must make an effort for preventative care so that we can achieve longevity. I want to help people understand that we can take better control of our well-being through small, manageable steps that aren’t overwhelming."


The Emmy-winning TV host also stressed, "We have more control over our health than we realize."


The Quran - Chapter At-Tahrim : 01

O Prophet! Why do you prohibit ˹yourself˺ from what Allah has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.