T-Boz Says 'Ignorance' Around Her Abdominal Emergency Is 'Disheartening': 'Everybody Ain't on Ozempic'

T-Boz Says 'Ignorance' Around Her Abdominal Emergency Is 'Disheartening' 'Everybody Ain't on Ozempic'

Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins, a member of the iconic group TLC, is setting the record straight after recent health concerns led to the cancellation of several performances.


On August 24, Watkins, 54, and her bandmate Rozanda "Chilli" Thomas revealed that Watkins had endured "sudden and severe nausea, vomiting, and intense abdominal cramps" following their August 22 performance in Toledo, Ohio.


Following these symptoms, Watkins was diagnosed with an "abdominal blockage," prompting the group to cancel some of their upcoming shows.

In an Instagram video posted on August 28, Watkins shared her perspective on the situation, stating, "I never would have made my personal matters public like this, but since I missed some shows, I guess it had to be addressed. However, I don't think it needed to be so detailed because I don't like people prying into my business—I don’t enjoy all this attention."


She clarified further, "It wasn't about constipation, and no, I'm not on Ozempic. Not every celebrity is on Ozempic, and the ignorance surrounding this is really frustrating."


Watkins emphasized the seriousness of her condition, stating, "People have lost their lives to what I just experienced." She explained, "Since it's out there, know that this could happen to any woman who has had a C-section, fibroid cysts, or any form of abdominal surgery. It was due to scar tissue, not related to anything I ate or the inside of my intestines—it was external."


She elaborated that the blockage was caused by "scar tissue from a surgery I had 24 years ago. The small intestines move and this scar tissue got tangled, causing the blockage."


Describing the ordeal, she stated, "It was extremely painful, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. And, for clarity, it's not related to my ongoing battle with sickle cell disease," referring to the condition that affects her red blood cells by altering their shape and flexibility.

T-Boz Says 'Ignorance' Around Her Abdominal Emergency Is 'Disheartening' 'Everybody Ain't on Ozempic'

Watkins expressed frustration over assumptions linking her recent health issue to her sickle cell condition, saying, "There have been numerous times I've been in the hospital due to sickle cell, but I don’t announce it every time I’m ill."


She added, "Stop associating everything that happens to me with sickle cell. I am Tionne Watkins; I just happen to have a disease—that is not the entirety of who I am."


Emphasizing her independence from her illness, she declared, "Not everything that occurs with me is related to sickle cell."


The "Waterfalls" singer shared that she had been discharged from the hospital three days prior, acknowledging that while the experience was "excruciating," she feels "blessed and back to work."


In the caption accompanying her post, she wrote, "Allow me to educate a few since there are so many new 'doctors' out here who seem to know everything yet nothing... 😳 Stay happy and healthy... I’ll see y’all soon at the rescheduled shows… I’m doing great and feeling blessed!!!"


The Quran - Chapter Al-Qalam : 24 - 26

“Do not let any poor person enter your garden today.”

And they proceeded early, totally fixated on their purpose.

But when they saw it ˹devastated˺, they cried, “We must have lost ˹our˺ way!