Nev Schulman Says ‘Appreciate What You Have' in Emotional Video: 'You Can Lose It in a Second’

Nev Schulman Says ‘Appreciate What You Have' in Emotional Video 'You Can Lose It in a Second’

Nev Schulman, the star of "Catfish", recently shared an emotional update as he continues his recovery from a severe biking accident that left him with a broken neck.


The 39-year-old "Dancing with the Stars" alum took to Instagram on August 20, filming himself while walking down a city street. “My physical therapist recommended I keep my body moving,” he explained.


“It’s been two weeks since I broke my neck and underwent emergency spine surgery. I wanted to hop on here and give you all a quick update,” he began.


“As you can see, I’m up and about, finishing a short walk around the neighborhood,” he said, noting that his therapist had advised him to stay active.

“I’ve never felt such exhaustion from just a ten-minute walk, but I’m almost home now,” Schulman admitted. “I mainly just wanted to come on here to say thank you.”


Schulman, who sustained the injury in a biking accident while on his way to pick up his son from school, had previously revealed on Instagram on August 10 that his fractures were stable and that he wasn’t paralyzed.


“I never made it to pick up my son from school on the bike,” he wrote. “In some ways, I’m glad I didn’t. I was alone when it happened. Just me and the truck. And then, I guess, the pavement. I was unconscious and alone.”


“My hands were a concern for a while, but the human body is incredible, and so are HUMANS,” he added.

Nev Schulman Says ‘Appreciate What You Have' in Emotional Video 'You Can Lose It in a Second’

In his latest video, Schulman, visibly emotional, expressed his gratitude: “Thank you to the doctors and nurses at Stony Brook. Thank you to my family and friends for all the incredible support I’ve received and felt deeply over the past two weeks. And thank you so much to all of you. The support and love I’ve received online has been truly amazing. It’s meant so much to me.”


“So thank you, really, from the bottom of my heart.”


He continued, “If I’ve learned anything in the last two weeks, it’s to really appreciate what you have because you can lose it in a second.”


“You can lose it in a second,” he repeated, before signing off with, “Alright, you guys are the best. I love you.”


The Quran - Chapter Al-Mulk : 04 - 05

Then look again and again—your sight will return frustrated and weary.

And indeed, We adorned the lowest heaven with ˹stars like˺ lamps, and made them ˹as missiles˺ for stoning ˹eavesdropping˺ devils, for whom We have also prepared the torment of the Blaze.