Halle Berry Reveals How She'll Spend Her 58th Birthday 'Fighting for All Women'

Halle Berry Reveals How She'll Spend Her 58th Birthday 'Fighting for All Women'

Halle Berry Advocates for Menopause Awareness as She Approaches Her 58th Birthday


Halle Berry is channeling her focus on women's health as she nears her 58th birthday.


In a recent interview with Extra TV, the 57-year-old actress and health advocate revealed that she plans to spend her birthday championing a new bill aimed at increasing public awareness about menopause and providing essential training and resources to healthcare professionals.


“I’ll be in West Virginia working with Senator Shelley Capito on advocacy efforts for my menopause bill,” Berry shared. This bill, known as the Advancing Menopause Care and Mid-Life Women’s Health Act, was introduced earlier this year in May.


Berry expressed her enthusiasm for this cause, stating, “I can't imagine a more meaningful way to celebrate my birthday than by advocating for women’s health. I’m excited to get started.”

Halle Berry Reveals How She'll Spend Her 58th Birthday 'Fighting for All Women'

The topic of menopause became especially significant to Berry after she realized her own limited knowledge on the subject. “About four years ago, I discovered I was in perimenopause, and I honestly thought I might escape it. That’s how little I knew at the time.”


She continued, “If I was so uninformed despite having access to top-notch medical care, it struck me that many other women must be equally unaware. This realization ignited a passion in me to address this issue. By advocating for myself, I believe I am also helping countless others.”


Berry views her focus on women’s health as a pivotal part of her “second act” and is dedicated to changing how menopause is perceived and managed. “I am determined to transform the way we approach women’s health, especially during this crucial phase of life,” she said.


Her efforts to destigmatize menopause and remove the associated shame have been notable. At a recent press conference in Washington D.C., Berry emphasized the need for greater openness about menopause. Her advocacy work has earned her a spot on Time’s 100 Health list, and she expressed her commitment to this cause in an Instagram post, stating, “I don’t take this work lightly. I do it for all women who feel uninformed or diminished because of this stage in their lives.”

Halle Berry Reveals How She'll Spend Her 58th Birthday 'Fighting for All Women'

In addition to her advocacy, Berry has recently embraced a new chapter in her personal life. After being a “self-proclaimed, lifelong dog person,” she has adopted two kittens named "Boots" and "Coco." She shared this news with Entertainment Weekly, explaining, “I rescued four kittens from my yard three weeks ago. The other two found homes elsewhere. This experience has truly transformed me.”


Berry also celebrated the premiere of her new Netflix action-comedy film, "The Union", alongside Mark Wahlberg. The event took place on August 12 at the Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles, where she dazzled in a sheer black dress with floral embellishments.


"The Union" is set to be released on August 16.


The Quran - Chapter At-Talaq : 03

and provide for them from sources they could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He ˹alone˺ is sufficient for them. Certainly Allah achieves His Will. Allah has already set a destiny for everything.