Queen's Granddaughter Hopes Son August Will Inherit from Her 'Grannie'

Queen's Granddaughter Hopes Son August Will Inherit from Her 'Grannie'

The Queen's granddaughter Princess Eugenie, 32, paid a visit to the Victoria & Albert Museum to meet with the winner of the Platinum Jubilee design contest and honor her 'grannie' Queen Elizbeth. 

"As I look back on the 2012 Jubilee and the one we are about to celebrate, I think about how my life has changed in that time, I am now a wife and a mother with so much more responsibility than I had as a 21-year-old just leaving university. I have given my life to my special little family and hope to impart even an inch of the values my grandmother has lived her life by."

"I think about my son August and what I'd like for him, what kind of world I'd like him to grow up in. And I think of my grannie and what she has stood for, for so many people and for our family during these 70 years. I'd love Augie to have her patience, her calmness and her kindness, while always being able to laugh at himself and keep a twinkle in his eye."